010. darkness

X. DARKNESS
"Oh Peter Parker, you just made a huge mistake"

IT IS TERRIFYING HOW QUICK ONE EMOTION CAN change into something else entirely

IT IS TERRIFYING HOW QUICK ONE EMOTION CAN change into something else entirely. One minute, Isabella had been crying tears of grief and not too long after, she was filled to the brim with anger. She's never felt something quite so strange, so different.

That is until right this very moment, the grief is gone but the anger remains. It's almost as if smoke is radiating off her skin, expressing the deep emotion she is experiencing. It's not just that though, no, there is something else there. Resentment? Maybe, but she can't place it. She's pushed her way past anger, it feels darker, catastrophic. The bad part? She likes it.

Isabella feels nothing but pure power, the way it pushes against every part of her body and travels within every cell. All the instincts she'd possessed when she had first had the treatment administered, the voice in the back of her mind telling her not to do it, has well and truly faded. Now it eggs her on, telling her to accomplish what she wants with no thoughts about the consequences.

Sitting on the roof of a random apartment building, the brunette simply watches the every day occurrences of New York. Her sharp gaze constantly moves from one place to another, searching for the masked menace who is usually swinging about the streets as if he owns them.

It's insane how peaceful she feels right now, with her severe fear of heights that is. She would've cried if somebody brought her up here previously, and more than likely, clung to them like a child. Her hands would shake and her legs would wobble, the grip being the thing that would've stopped her from stumbling.

Yet, here she is. The girl's hands refuse to shake, as firm as stone and with absolutely no risk of cracking insight. The only part of her that moves is her hair, wildly flowing about in the harsher breeze. There has been a few drops of rain over the last half hour too, smacking against her forehead and sliding down the sides of her face — she's almost forgotten what that feels like.

She hasn't cried in days, the feeling of tears now a distant memory, one that she's bottled up tight and thrown away.

"Bella?"

The lack of light in her eyes startles Peter when she turns to face him, his hands fiddling with his glasses nervously. Tilting her head to the side, the girl surveys whether or not she's a threat before turning away again.

"Did you come to see me?"

Peter's apartment complex. That explains why there is such deep rooted familiarity with this place, she's been her hundreds of times.

"I don't want to see anybody, Peter," Isabella speaks, harshness evident in her tone.

"Then why are you here?" His voice is gentle, desperate not to provoke her into doing anything. He takes a step closer and she snaps her head to the side so she can look at him with narrowed eyes. "How about we go inside and talk?"

"I just told you, I don't want to see anybody. Leave me alone," Isabella hisses, pushing off the ground so she's now standing up and facing him.

Peter looks at her intently, trying to survey her body language. However, it's truly her eyes that give her away. They're pure evil, glossed over with a darkness that is so unlike anything he's ever seen before.

"Isabella—"

"I said stop!"

Peter manages to duck before a part of the antenna hits him in the head, her body now shaking. It's not fear, if anything it's fury. He can practically see the magic flowing through her veins, the golden colour he'd seen only nights ago, now flushed out by black lines that creep all over her skin.

"Bella? W-what?"

Isabella closes her eyes and takes deep breaths, trying to calm herself down but she's quickly losing the fight — she knows it and so does he. Out of instinct, he curls his hand slightly as if he's ready to use his webs. She doesn't take much notice of it when she finally looks at him again, instead walking towards him.

The first crack of lightning coincides with her step as she stares him down. The loud crash of thunder follows soon after and then comes the rain, drenching her brunette locks. Peter's glasses start to fog up, so he pulls them off and shoves them in his pocket.

"Bee–"

"That's what Gwen used call me, before she died that is. You know, Peter, there was always something a little off about you," Isabella speaks.

Peter takes a small step back as she continues to move towards him, a demented glimmer in her eye. He doesn't speak as she opens her mouth, ready to say what she needs to.

"But I looked past it. Gwen loved you, we got along really great and my family were fond of you too. Any suspicious actions I just let them go but then I really thought about it,"

Peter looks over his shoulder, realising how truly close to the edge he is now. Isabella seems to notice too, stopping her steps and crossing her arms over her chest.

"You would disappear, into thin air almost. Gwen was always worried about what you were getting up to. And it wasn't just that, why would Gwen constantly be hanging around some random masked man? She would've had to have been friends with him. She only ever really talked about you,"

Peter gulps lightly as she smirks, knowing that she's more than likely caught him. Isabella moves one arm slowly but doesn't do anything further, almost as if she's reminding him what she can do.

"My dad, he didn't like Spider-Man all that much and yet in the end, he ended up fighting with him. Why? Why would he fight with somebody he'd been hunting down unless he knew them?"

Then she moves, throwing her right arm out and wrapping tendrils of dark magic around his body. Lifting her hand up, Peter moves along with it — levitating higher and higher in the air with every little twitch of her hand.

"Peter Parker being Spider-Man is something I should have put together a long time ago," Isabella spits out, venom coursing through her tone.

"Bella please," Peter says it with so much emotion that the girl lets out a laugh.

"Going to deny it Peter? I don't think you can anymore but I'm willing to give you a shot. Lets see what you do,"

Then she drops him over the side of the building, turning away and standing where she had been sitting only moments ago. The familiar sound of the webbing rings through her ears and her smirk reappears when she senses him behind her.

"Oh Peter Parker, you just made a huge mistake,"

NOTE!

Thank you for reading!!