015. goodbyes

XV. GOODBYES
"this is goodbye"

ISABELLA CAN FEEL THE BREEZE PUSHING against her face as she wakes

ISABELLA CAN FEEL THE BREEZE PUSHING against her face as she wakes. The sky is still covered in strands of magic, meaning Doctor Strange is still trying his absolute hardest to mend what had happened.

"Isabella?"

The voice belongs to a relieved looking MJ who rushes over with Ned, kneeling at her side. Isabella manages to give her a small smile, even as her body threatens to collapse back into exhaustion. At the mention of her name, Peter three makes his way over to her side with Peter two following. The other isn't in sight.

"W-where's Peter one?" She croaks, fearing the worst.

Peter nods to something behind her and she turns her head to see him standing over the Osborn man. Even from back here she can see the anger in his expression, retribution obviously on his mind as he grabs the glider off the ground.

The alternate versions of him move rather quickly, but in her fear they won't get there in time, the girl uses what little energy she has left to help hold the glider away from a fallen Norman Osborn. Peter one looks both angry and confused at the same time, following the golden curls of magic to the brunette.

Peter two has no grabbed the glider from the younger boy, shaking his head lightly. The boy still tries to fight it, desperate the avenge his Aunt who had died at this man's hand but his oldest alternate doesn't let him. This boy would not be able to live with himself if he took the life of another, no matter how evil they are.

MJ helps the girl to her feet, so she's no longer slumped over on the ground. She's exhausted, completely destroyed, but she knows this still isn't entirely over. Isabella still has to go home, Peter still has yet to give her the cure he was supposed to be making for her.

"You didn't hurt yourself did you?" Isabella asks MJ, referring to when she'd fallen not too long ago.

"No, no. I'm okay, I promise. We were more worried about you," the girl admits.

"Don't be, I'm okay too,"

MJ nods her head and Isabella smiles softly, deciding that she should probably say her goodbyes. She wraps her arms around the girl and hugs her for a few seconds.

"Take care of each other," Isabella speaks, pulling away. "I hope everything works out for you,"

"You too," MJ replies.

"And Good luck with your magic journey, Ned. You're going to be the best wizard," Isabella says, receiving a beaming smile in response.

The pained grunt of Peter two is what gains moves attention away from the two of them, the man falling to the floor after being stabbed by Norman. The Osborn man still looks to be in a maniac like state, laughing to himself.

"She was there because of you. I may have struck the blow, but you are the one that killed her," Norman says to the teenage boy who glares strongly.

Peter three grabs the cure and launches it at the youngest version, the boy stabbing it into the neck of the man who had killed his Aunt May. Even with everything he'd done, Peter still manages to have compassion. She remembers MJ's words from earlier — "it must be a Peter thing,"

"Peter?" Norman now looks confused as he looks at the man from his universe. "What have I done?"

Isabella walks over, more like limps over, to the group of them. The brunette moves to the oldest Peter's side and gently places her hand against the wound on his stomach, mending it as if it were never there. Her own wounds remain though, still not having mastered the art of healing herself.

"Thanks," He smiles and she nods her head, smiling herself.

"Bella,"

The girl turns around and comes face to face with the teenager, the very one who had been responsible for bringing her here in the first place. He's holding something in his palm, some sort of pendant.

"I-I couldn't figure it out but I had a thought," Peter one says, holding out the necklace to her. She grabs it and looks at him for an explanation. "Y-you said you were overcome with some sort of dark magic, right?"

Isabella nods her head.

"I got Strange to put some sort of magic charm on it so that you can't use it. The reason you died is that you used dark magic instead of regular magic. With normal magic, it's likely you would've lived,"

Clipping the necklace around her neck as the three Spider-Men embrace each other in a familial like hug, Isabella watches with a smile. The Peter from her world still has to keep the older one upwards, holding him so he doesn't fall to the ground — more than likely from fatigue.

The youngest Peter turns around again to face her, and practically stumbles into her arms. A surprised laugh falls from her lips as she hugs him back just as tightly.

"Thank you for helping us," Peter mumbles quietly into her hair, the fact that he's younger than her not stopping the way he almost towers over her. "I hope everything works out for you back home. I-I hope the necklace works,"

Isabella pulls away slightly and looks at him with a genuine smile. "Don't worry about me, kid. I'll be okay,"

Maybe.

Removing himself from her embrace, he makes his way over to his friends, giving her a small wave as a way of saying goodbye. She returns it before going over to the other Peters.

"You two good?" She questions.

"Yeah, I've been stabbed before, nothing new," Peter two shrugs.

"I'll bet. And you?"

Peter three smiles, giving her a thumbs up in order to convey how he's feeling. "What did they do to your necklace?"

"Some spell that's supposed to ward off dark magic. I wouldn't be able to do it myself because I have no idea how to actually do spells,"

To be honest, Isabella hardly learned to control her magic before she died. She didn't really have much time, because she was so eager to get revenge that she let it take over her instead, it controlled her not the other way around.

The brunette looks over to see Norman fading away, meaning that the Wizard's spell must be working. Isabella looks down to see her hand beginning to go and she looks up at Peter, her heart beating erratically now.

"See you on the other side?" She asks, her voice shaky.

"Yeah. See you on the other side," He replies assuringly.

The girl glances over to see MJ and Ned standing by themselves, and then she's no longer there — faded back into her own universe.

NOTE!

Hi everybody! There is still another chapter to go and a two part epilogue! Thank you for reading!!