Puppy love

It had been a few days since your coffee outing at the weekend, and you had been texting Red Velvet daily since then. Today however, your texts had been going unanswered. You were currently sat in the middle of your photography lecture, taking half hearted notes and keeping an eye on your phone in case of a reply. You wondered if something had happened to him.

'Or maybe he's decided he doesn't want to talk to you anymore...' the voice in the back of your head whispered. You furrowed your brows 'No, stop jumping to conclusions, I'll send something else... Maybe he just didn't see my other texts?''

2:06am

Red Velvet🐇: Goodnight 😴

Y/N: Night!! Talk to you tomorrow 😼

8:14am

Y/N: Good morning! Did you sleep well? I have uni again today 🙄

10:45am

Y/N: My lecture just started I stg I'm already falling asleep

1:50pm

Y/N: pls wake up I'm so bored 😭

'Umm I did send a lot though... maybe I'm being too clingy...' You decided to send one more text just in case.

3:30pm

Y/N: Hey is everything okay?

Red Velvet🐇: busy sorry

Your eyes widened as he responded to this text almost immediately. You were confused by his brief response, and a little concerned. It sounded like he had something going on, maybe he missed a deadline or something?

Well, maybe he would explain later, you hoped as you shifted your focus back to your lecture.

It wasn't long before your professor dismissed the class for the day, and you began to pack up your bag. You winced as you checked your bank account, and decided that you would rather spend your last few dollars on something more interesting than the bus fair.

'Walking home again it is.'

-

You shivered as a brisk wind chilled you to the bone the moment you stepped outside. October was coming to an end, and with it the last of the warmth of the year. You pulled your jumper tight around you and shivered slightly, walking faster so you could get home to your warm apartment.

You walked for a short while until you came to a small park. At this point the sun was slowly starting to set, casting shadows from the tall trees that surrounded the park. The streetlights lining the pavement flickered to life as you began to skirt the edge of the park, and movement in the corner of your eye caused you to whip your head round and come to an abrupt stop.

You couldn't see anything for a moment, before you noticed a bush around 20 metres ahead of you that seemed to be... Shaking? You crept closer slowly, trying to see what was causing it. As you got closer, you heard a quiet whine. Thinking it could be an injured animal of some sort, you closed the rest of the distance and crouched in front of the bush.