Rise and Shine

You were rudely awoken by what felt like a stroke of lightning running through your skull. You winced and your hands flew to your temples in an attempt to sooth the raging headache, which for a few minutes was the only thing you could focus on.
The second thing you noticed as you slowly pried open your eyes was a pressure on your chest and a pair of large brown eyes filling your vision. You winced as the owner of these eyes produced a small bark.

"Chiffon..?" You muttered, surprised at how rough your own voice sounded, as you moved one of your hands to scratch the small dog behind the ear. "But that means..." You examined your own surroundings.

The bedroom you were currently in was unfamiliar to you, but it was obvious to whom it belonged. It was decorated in dark red and black, with a lush maroon carpet, band posters and pictures of dogs were plastered across the walls. The furniture was pretty normal for a students room, but you noticed the space under the desk was filled with a large dog bed and a few blankets. You guessed that was where Chiffon was supposed to sleep, although the way the small furball was happily curled up on the bed next to you made you think that this was where he usually slept.

You sighed inwardly 'Of course I would end up here, this is so embarrassing...' you thought, grabbing a glass of water that you spotted next to the bed and downing it quickly, hoping it would somewhat sooth your raging headache and parched throat. 'And of course Red Velvet left me water and probably slept on the floor somewhere' you let your head fall into your hands and groaned in embarrassment (plus your head still hurt like hell.)

Laying back down, you thought back to the events of the party yesterday. Your stomach churned as you remembered how powerless you had felt and the haze that had taken over your body. 'That bastard by the drink table must have put something in my drink,' you realised, and a feeling of anger and shame washed over you.

Obviously you were grateful that Red Velvet had stepped in when he had, but you were also ashamed that you had needed him to 'save' you like you were some helpless character-in-distress. 'but what would have happened if he wasn't there..?' a voice in your head whispered. Your face burned and you wiped a few stray tears from your eyes as your thoughts ran away with you.

You took a few deep breaths to calm down and quickly pushed those thoughts away. 'But he didn't and I'm safe and now I need to escape Red Velvet's apartment before I have to have the most awkward conversation of my life.' You resolved, now that your headache had mostly subsided.

You sat up, ignoring the way the room swam before your eyes at the sudden movement, and swung your legs over the edge of the bed. You noticed that you were still wearing your outfit from the party yesterday, although your shoes had been taken off and were currently sitting next to your bag by the door. How convenient (and thoughtful).

As quietly as you could, you slipped on your shoes, grabbed your bag and slowly pushed open the door a crack to look out into the hallway. Red Velvet's room appeared to be in the middle of the corridor, with a large window at one end and a doorway at the other. Rays of sunlight from the window illuminated the hallway and caused you to immediately cover your eyes and wince until you could adjust from the darkness of the bedroom.

You turned to look through the door at the end of the hall, which was wide open. From this angle you could see a small kitchen, and beyond that what you assumed to be the front door. There was no one in sight. 'Red Velvet must have gone out' you thought, relieved that this would make your escape a lot easier.

You felt kind of guilty for sneaking out but you really just wanted to go home and sleep for an eternity, and forget about everything that happened the night before. You could thank him later.