004- nightmares + peppermint

!smut warning!

gotcha bitch. look at ya horny ass. smut in the 4th chapter? please, don't make me laugh. YALL JUST MET??

but fr, tw: mentions of suicide/death

"WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU?!"

your father stumbled into the room, barely able to stay on his feet. the noise of the front door being blasted open woke you from your slumber, only to be confronted with the sight of your father with blood coating his body.

he grabbed his ears, hoping the excruciating headache and his heart rate would slow. his heart was beating so fast, it forced his lungs to work much harder. he felt like he was drowning in his own blood.

'stupid gum doesn't do shit again that many special grades. i've left the scene, yet, my body is still reacting.' he thought.

with bloodshot eyes, he looked up at you, seeing the tears in your eyes. it broke his heart seeing you so scared.

"c-call nanam—" before he could ask for his best friend, he cut himself off with an agonizing shout. that woke up megumi, who was sleeping over at your house that day. this would usually happen when your dad or gojo would go on an longer mission, which is more common than you'd think.

he stood behind you, watching your father aggressively punch his own chest, hoping that would calm his heart somehow from attempting to beat out of his own chest.

"no!! stop!" you cried, rushing up towards him. but megumi stopped you, clutching you by your shoulders. once you looked up at him, he shook his head. although he trusted your father, he was afraid that in his current state, he would accidentally hurt you.

the sound of his screams along with flesh and blood striking each other echoed through the vast living room as he continued to whack his chest. the two of you backed away gradually, being both frightened and confused.

'my heart is beating so fast.

how do i slow it down?

how do i make it stop?'

all too quickly, engulfing his hand in violet and white, he rammed his fingers into his chest and ripped his heart out.

megumi turned your body, shoving your face into his chest to try to block you from the sight. but you had already seen enough.

still, megumi couldn't shift his eyes. mute tears streaming down his face as he saw the man who treated him like his own (other than gojo) in this state.

you felt as though your vocal chords were snatched from you. you couldn't make a sound. just staring at the high windows megumi made you face with a murky vision as you listened to the safe beat of his heart.

you jolted up from your nightmare, wiping off half-dried tears from your cheeks. nightmare would be a funny term for it— it's better to call it a memory. the human brain tends to withdraw memories that are too traumatic to handle. you guessed that seeing something like that just wasn't traumatic enough for your brain to extricate you from it.