Chapter 6 - You're Fucking Grounded

*Song: Body on Me by Rita Ora, Chris Brown*

//////

Joel's POV:

It's been a week, yet nothing on Abbatino's whereabout.

I've grown so tired of all the TV programmes and the shopping at this point, but it seemed like Morana was enjoying herself.

Every night, she'd wear her signature dark-wood perfume, slip on her tight trousers that hug her long legs perfectly, and disappear for a good few hours.

Whenever I asked about where she was going, she'd just say 'out' or 'bar'.

When she got back in the middle of the night, she smelled of alcohol and foreign perfumes.

It didn't take much to assume that she was sleeping around, blowing her steam off on someone.

Well, good for her. At least, I don't have to worry about her coming onto me, right?

However, I found myself not being able to fall asleep before she came back and laid down next to me.

My nerves were agitated even with the nightlight on as if the solitude had hands wrapped around my throat, making my breathing difficult. The grip only loosened when I sensed her warmth radiating beside me.

I felt oddly safe in her arms.

But, of course, I'm not letting her know any of this. It'd only complicate things between us.

'Can we not go shopping today? I think you've bought enough of everything.' I ask as Morana turns the doorknob.

'I'll decide when I've bought enough.' She narrows her eyes at me, 'But well, since you're so unwilling, what do you want to do?'

'I don't know. Maybe going around the city?'

I always wanted to go visiting places, but I got too tired after spending hours in shopping malls every time.

'You mean sightseeing?' An amused smirk forms on her lips.

'Yes. I can go by myself though.'

Her intense gaze is wracking my nerves again. I bite my lip to divert my attention from the fast pumping of my heart.

She tilts her head to the right, the smirk deepens, 'That's alright. I can go with you.'

'Oh, okay.' I give her a subtle smile, walking past her, out of the room.

'Because you have no idea how to use Google maps and I don't want to report a missing angel to the police.' She adds on behind me, to which I throw a big eye roll.

She replicates the gesture, walking to my front, 'Let's go check out St. Paul's then.'

'What is it?'

'A cathedral.'

A cathedral. I already like the idea. 'Sounds good.'

//////

As we walk into the English Baroque architecture, we are greeted by several painted domes and ivory arched windows.

'Are they actually up there?' Morana suddenly asks, eyes fixing on somewhere between the stained glass.

'Who?' I shoot her a puzzled glance.

'Henry Moore. Those people in the tomb.' She gives me an eye roll.

I look at the names. Honestly, I don't remember meeting any of them. 'Perhaps. I believe so.' That's all I can say.