1. Day 1 in the college.

2021

Phyllicia's POV.

"

Though the restrictions are on loose, we all have to take care of ourselves! We have to sanitize our hands regularly, and keep our masks on. Students are requested to maintain a safe distance from each other!......." Our Zoology sir just started the lecture about the Covid guidelines we need to follow the rest of the days in the college.

After a long lockdown all over the world, Schools and other educational institutions blessed us by resuming the offline mode of education.

Everyone is seeing others faces as freshers, but we've been listening classes all online together for more than one and a half year. With masks on our faces and frowns beneath, my classmates who are still unknown to me, are listening to the lecturer who stood infront of us giving guidelines about personal hygiene and sanitisation.

Later at a short break after that, all the boys gathered around three benches, and introduced each other. Meanwhile, we, the only four girls were staring our classmates.

Soon, the boys began laughing, and a Lean boy with ruffled hair giving him more "bad boy" looks than he really is, the type girls swoon on, jokingly smacked the head of another boy saying, "Yaa, so you were the one flirting with me on texts, I really thought I got an online girlfriend!!" and with that all the boys burst out laughing again.

Their laugh was soon interrupted by the Teacher entering into our room. She then stated the timetable for the rest of the day.

Everyone took out their notebook as our familiar Zoology sir again entered the class. Yes, we all have seen him ONLINE, so of course we all have never seen him personally.

He then kept his book on the first bench with a thud, and started speaking, "I am your zoology faculty, Solomon. You all have already seen me and known me for more than an year, so now its my chance to get to know you all." With this everyone understood he was gesturing them to introduce themselves.

A tall boy sitting in the front bench, stood up hesitantly introducing himself, "Sir, I'm John Johnson!"

There were only six boys and four girls sitting in the class, so that explains why our so called introductions ended quickly.

We were just four of us, still we sat one in each bench. We were still strangers.

We were supposed to have Botany class next, but seems like Mr. Solomon loved our class so much that he's not at all leaving. Its been 45 mins since he had started the class on Human Reproduction. He said our Botany sir is on leave today.

What the heck? We are supposed to listen to Human Reproduction for another 45 fucking minutes?!!?!

Finally, our class ended. We were blessed with the half an hour long lunch hour. It was then when I was taken out of my chain of thoughts thinking about what probably the next class would be like, a short petite blonde girl called me. She asked me in a very gentle tone to come and sit near her. It was then I noticed I was the only one left out, the other two girls were already beside her.

She then started the conversation breaking the awkward silence between us, "I am Violet Stone! And you?" We all introduced ourselves.

This girl is really good at making friends. Coz I'm a really shy person to be friendly around.

This girl quickly made us all share her contagious smile with her silly jokes.

We were all heading towards the cafeteria, laughing and giggling on the way. We found a table for us, and Emily, the ever smiling girl, excused herself to get food for all of us.