14. Is he there?

....................

Mild sun rays are falling over her pale cheeks. Her eyes searching for someone to show up. She regrets embarrassing him the previous day. She awaits forgiveness. Yet he never showed up. Its already been thirty minutes since she's waiting for him to open the door. Growing impatient listening to the sounds of utensils and boxes falling down inside the house, she calls him for the last time. Maybe he's really not interested to listen to her. But she'll not give up. She knocks the door instead of ringing the bell this time. To her surprise, even a gentle knock opens the door. So the door was open? she thought.

She slowly peeped into the house just to see a huge empty hall. She calls his name again, but there's no response. She sighed defeatedly and enters the house.

The wooden walls are shining with the sun rays falling over them. The large couch in the center of the hall with a table covered with different book covers, sticky notes and pens. The house was very neat disregarding the crumpled sheets of papers here and there.

She picked up one of them and straightened it. To her surprise, every paper she straightened would have SORRYs and guilty emoji's. Aigooo, I exaggerated at him a lot, and he did so much for me! she whispered to herself. Just when she was about to pick up the last paper on the floor, a loud sound of a utensil falling onto the floor, made her jump from her place.

She slowly tiptoed towards the source of the sound to her left. It led to the kitchen of the mansion. Everything looked so elegant. Simple yet elegant. Until her vision landed on a silhouette which was...... entirely White and....... Moving!!!

Is it perhaps a ghost? Omo! How am I gonna deal with it?...........

Her squeal filled the room when the figure got up all of a sudden and dusted himself........

"What are you doing here?" he turned to her, shocked to see her. He was dusting his head of all the flour that had fallen on top of him, waiting for her answer. When she didn't answer for a while, he looked in her direction just to see her unmoving.

"Hey! Are you alright?" he shook her by her shoulder and next thing he knew, that he jumped out of fear when she shouted aloud.

"Are you here to kill me or what? Why are you shouting like that?" Steve questioned her holding his breath because of all the freaking out, a moment ago.