Chapter 6: What's Next?

(SCENE: SIRZECHS' OFFICE) (POV: OSCAR)

After gathering my Peerage, we head to Sirzechs' Office. Shortly after arriving, Riser has just finished talking to Sirzechs as he walks out. We entered the office to see Sirzechs and Serafall waiting for us.

"Ah, Oscar. Glad you and your Peerage can see us." Sirzechs says as he gestures for us to sit down. We complied to his wish as we sat down in front of them.

"So, I know about what Rias and Sona said & I must say: we're extremely disappointed in them." Sirzechs says with a look of disappointment on his face. I turned to Serafall to see her with the exact same expression on her face.

"I couldn't agree more. I didn't want to say this, because I didn't what to disrespect your families, but they're severely lacking when it comes to both school and supernatural matters." I said as both Sirzechs and Serafall flinched at this.

"I'm afraid this is true. We only complied with this decision because of our parents believe this will help them mature. But they were wrong." Serafall says with a sad look on her face.

"And thanks to what Riser said and what your memories revealed, they are considering either demoting or removing them. But finding Peerages to replace them is close to impossible." Sirzechs says.

Feeling sorrow about them being so stressed over something like this, I decided to try and make things better. "Maybe me and my Peerage can help?" I offered, shocking everyone in the room.

"Are you sure? I mean, you'll have to deal with both Rias and Sona nearly everyday." Sirzechs voices his concern. "I know. But they hold no power over me anymore. And all other powers they had is at the breaking point, so they're practically harmless to us." I explained as Sirzechs and Serafall thought this over.

(POV CHANGE: 3RD PERSON)

'He does make a good point. Rias and Sona are extremely close in getting their territory rights removed and Oscar was one of the dedicated & hardworking member of their Peerages, so he knows how everything works.' They thought.

Eventually, they've reached to a decision. "We'll talk about this with our parents and let them decide." Sirzechs says as he and Serafall leaves the office.

Oscar and his Peerage follows shortly behind them. However, on their way, they were stopped by Rias and Sona. Oscar approached them with a glare on his face.

"What do you two want?" He asks with venom in his voice, causing the two girls to flinch. "Oscar, we want to apologize, for our unacceptable behavior towards you when you were in our Peerages. We were so caught with the efficiency and dedication you put into the Peerage, that we became blind and jealous at your work that we gave them to Issei and Saji." Rias explains as Sona backed her up.

"And we were fools to believe them over you. You were in our Peerages before Akeno and Tsubaki, but we took you for granted. I know it'll be long and hard to earn back your trust, but know we'll try our very best." Sona finishes.

Oscar, however, wasn't moved by this. "Then tell me: why did you call me a 'Jealous, dead beat Pawn that we should've left dead'?" He asked as this shocks Rias and Sona.

"We thought you betrayed the Peerages by abandoning us. We allowed our negative emotions take us over and we said those horrible things. After realizing what we said, we forced ourselves through harsh training, to punish ourselves for what we did and said to you." Rias explains as Sona nods in confirmation.

"Before Issei and Saji came into the picture, I equally cared about both the Peerages and Kuoh. But now? My loyalty to your Peerages are severed completely, considering me breaking off this marriage as my letter of resignation from your services." Oscar explains as he and Peerage leaves Rias & Sona to themselves.

The two girls then started crying. "Oscar.....what have we done? We are so sorry, but we'll work to regain your forgiveness and trust." They vowed.

(SCENE CHANGE: OUTSIDE OF ZEOTICUS' OFFICE)

Oscar and his Peerage are waiting outside as they can hear the sounds of talking amongst several people. Suddenly, the doors opened up as Grayfia gestured for them to enter.

They entered to see everyone with a serious aura so thick, you can cut it with a butter knife. Oscar and his Peerage sat down as Zeoticus was the first to speak.

"Oscar Storm, former Pawn of Rias Gremory and Sona Sitri & Malebolgia's new Right Hand." He says with sternness in his voice, causing Oscar to become uneasy at this.

However, his uneasy didn't died down for what came next. "After many considerations, we've decided that you & your Peerage shall become the third leaders of the Kuoh Territory. Though you're given the majority of the Territory, you must counsel with Rias and Sona for whenever a major event occurs." Zeoticus explains.

Oscar felt a bit of anger as he feels that Zeoticus is spoiling Rias. "Agreed. Though you surpass them in some skills, they're far more experienced and stronger then your Peerage." Sona's Father explains as Oscar's anger continues to grow.

However, Oscar said nothing as he stands up and leaves the room. His Peerage follows behind him as Sirzechs and Serafall understands why he left.

"Son, Serafall, can you explain why Oscar and his Peerage left?" Venelana asks. "Indeed, I know him long enough that he only does that when he feels angry." Sona's Mother explains.

"Well, he believes that our Fathers are spoiling Rias and Sona." Sirzechs says. "Yeah, he thinks they're being too soft on them, making them believe they can get away with anything." Serafall adds on, causing Zeoticus and Lord Sitri to shake their heads in disagreement.

"Of course not! We were just trying to help Rias and Sona feel better after what happened." Zeoticus defends as Lord Sitri nods in agreement. "Yes. We would never allow such actions to be committed on our grounds." Lord Sitri adds on.

Sirzechs and Serafall sighs in slight annoyance. "Well, you better go and clear things up. Though you might want to wait a bit, 'cause Oscar is gonna need a few to calm down." Sirzechs warns.

Zeoticus and Lord Sitri nods in agreement as they wait for Oscar to calm down.

(TIMESKIP: 2 HOURS)

Once 2 hours have passed, Oscar and his Peerage returns. Oscar sat back down, but his face now looked to be unreadable. Zeoticus and Lord Sitri then explained everything to Oscar, in the hopes to clear up any misinterpretations.

Though Oscar's face holds no expression, he feels an emotion of understanding. "I see. Well then, since nothing can be changed about this, we'll accept this." He says.

"But know this: this doesn't make us friends with neither Rias, Sona or their Peerages. We're merely tolerating their presence while we work on more important matters." He says with bluntness and coldness.

This caused everyone, except his Peerage, to flinch at the tone of his voice. But they knew better then to try and scold Oscar for his behavior. No one can really, after what he's been through.

But for what came next? That's for the events that life has planned.

(Here's Chapter 6 done. Sorry for the delay, but I'm starting to get rather sluggish when it comes to creating chapters, though to a few bugs I've been having, but I think I'm getting better. Anyways, next chapter will happen, but I don't know when.)