NANASE SHORT STORY Part2

3rd Person POV

White...

A face as white as snow...

The body swinging like a pendulum, motionless as the victim had now succumbed to his righteous, unrighteous death.

The boy was dead. No amount of begging or tears would bring him back.

No one could make him retract his decision, not even his dearest...

The boy held a resolve...

Despite the knowledge of how she would suffer, he took all that to heart. His heart settled in peace as he tugged at the rope, his hands no longer shaking... his tears no longer falling anymore... a smile permanently embedded onto his once pain ridden face.

A face that showed clarity and tranquility.

The boy strengthened his resolve, that even despite his whole world turning upside down. He hoped for nothing more than rest, to never wake up in this nightmare that was his life.

He eyed the rope with empty eyes that contrasted the peace on his face, he slowly placed it around his neck as he cleared his thoughts.

Inhaling and exhaling his last breaths...

Yet he couldn't help but reminisce about one single sentiment...

He felt a fleeting sense of guilt...

To leave this world and her, but he already gave up. He tried so... hard, he couldn't continue such a terrible life.

He already lost... too much.

He looked ahead, peering into the nothingness as his hands tightened the noose around his neck...

The recurring image of Nanase Tsubasa flashed in his eyes, to remember her in his last moments came both as a blessing and curse to him. The nothingness proved an ironic sadness masked with hope, but that hope never amounted to anything.

He knew what he was leaving behind, he had already made his conclusion...

That incredulous feeling almost made him rethink his decision, that imagery and the figure of her was nearly daunting.

But his resolve was there and he only wanted Nanase Tsubasa to forgive his decision...

That alone remained in his mind, a mere reminder... a sad truth to the eye of the beholder. He never felt so much remorse as he felt right now, he merely looked in contemplating silence.

His thoughts waned in both a beautiful and silent soliloquy, his inner turmoil settled once he thought about the irony.

His loss meant another loss...

His death meant the death of another...

His 'rest' giving someone else recurring nightmares...

Eichiro: "I am so sorry Tsubasa."

With those final words of passage, he leapt off the chair and...

Hung himself.

No struggling, no resistance, no more fighting...

What remained were the gargling, unsightly, unbearable sounds of asphyxiation.

With his final words of penance being uttered, he gracefully accepted his death...

A permanent smile etched on his face.