Come back to me... (2)

"Hello." I walked towards her as she faced away from me.

No response came, the silence was getting too loud now. I could only watch her back, this girl who had no way of turning to me. I could tell by her hair, I could tell by her uniform, I had every way of letting me know that this girl was her, I reached out to her. Since I knew who it was I reached out and yet I couldn't grasp her.

"Wake up..." I heard a voice mellow in my ears.

My eyes fluttered open, it took me a moment before I fully acknowledged my surroundings. My wife was in my arms and she was smiling beautifully at me, seemingly peaceful as my body just fizzled out and I turned to her.

"Good morning." She greeted me with that soft voice, the only tone that actually made me still and listen.

"Good morning." I greeted her back.

This was our normal morning routine, a simple hello and I would simply wake up. I just knew that I was safe with her, perhaps something like this meant I was free.

"Ara..." She grinned suddenly as she looked down. "Are you perhaps excited?" She began moving hand down and stroked the fabric covering my bulge.

This was another part of it, she would always notice my needs and I would do the same for her; we were just that in sync.

Next thing I knew she was on top of me, stuck with that smirk on her face before she leaned in and pressed her lips against mine. It was a quick exchange, before she parted away with a huff.

It was quick, before we started.

The bedsheets may have been stained afterwards.
_______________________________________

News quickly spread around the school about the new couple, a few were quick to support it; namely the friends of the new couple. Sadly, the same couldn't be said about the majority. Many of them felt a bad stench come from the new pairing, it was just something that they found odd. The most popular girl was now dating the gloomy loner, the confusion only spread as much as the shock when they found out who confessed to whom.

Similarly, the feeling of envy which came from the boys seemed to have spoiled the mood. Each time the boy walked they cast a glance full of anger and jealousy. In their minds, they couldn't comprehend how this loner boy with such a gloomy exterior managed to become a couple with Ichinose Honami. However, that wasn't enough to say that everything was fully ruined.

Ichinose gladly walked hand in hand with Ayanokouji, she hummed happily with a smile as they traversed the campus. It has been two days since they started dating, and despite the obvious glares and jealous stares; she ignored it.

Ayanokouji on the other hand couldn't shake the thought of someone tailing them. Just like before that same shadow followed him, he couldn't see the face but that same presence marked something wrong. He tried to ignore that shadow, that looming figure but whenever it was near he unconsciously gripped onto Ichinoses hand like a vice. Even now, the girl who was holding his hand felt that something was wrong with the person holding hers.

"Kiyo?" She called out to him worriedly.

"Oh, sorry." He quickly apologised before loosening his grip.

He had made great strides with the girl he was walking hand in hand with, but that same stare from the figure was aimed at him. He didn't want to worry the girl walking hand in hand with him, he maintained his gaze straightforward; confusion setting in quickly for the boy. He doesn't know what this shadow looked like, yet that presence was suffocating.
_______________________________________

I was currently in class, the teacher had put down some notes for us to copy and I absentmindedly took heed of any of his lecture.

I was bored and looking out the window seemed like a better way to pass the time. Even the times when Horikita would send an amusing quip were gone. She remained her diligent self and kept on copying down the notes.