The Cat's out of the Bag

Marinette skipped patrol that night. And for the next week. She felt too ashamed and embarrassed. Tikki scolded her for this, so Marinette agreed to show up for Friday's patrol. One week exactly after she found out she was pregnant.

She still wasn't sure what to do. Or how to tell Adrien (as Ladybug at least). She hadn't mentioned it to Alya at all. Adrien had been kind to her that week. First thing he did when he saw her on Monday was ask her how she was. It made her heart race but also feel heavy with guilt. Throughout the rest of the week, he gave her small reassuring words.

She didn't know if that made things better or worse.

Marinette stared blankly at herself in the mirror. She glanced down at her belly before her eyes started watering. She needed to tell Chat. She wasn't sure at what point she'd have to give up her miraculous, and it was better he knew sooner than later.

She hadn't decided if she was going to go through with the pregnancy or not, or if she'd keep the baby or put them up for adoption. She figured she needed to talk to Adrien properly before making such a huge decision.

Marinette quietly called out her transformation. She felt tears run down her cheeks. She knew she would only temporarily give up her miraculous if she went through with the pregnancy, but the thought of being apart from Tikki broke her heart.

She wiped her tears away and made sure she looked somewhat presentable.

As she made her way to their meet-up spot, she couldn't help but wonder what Chat would say. Would he judge her? Would he be upset that she'd have to pass on Ladybug's duties to someone else?

He was already there when she arrived. She expected him to be upset at her for not showing up for the past week, but he looked worried upon seeing her.

Ladybug landed a few feet away from him. Chat Noir turned his whole body to face her.

"Why haven't you shown up for patrol?" he asked quietly. "Is there something going on in your life? You left so quickly, too, after battles."

Ladybug's eyes began to water again. She desperately wanted to hold back her tears, but she started crying the moment Chat took a step toward her. He rushed to her, pulling her into a hug. Ladybug hugged back tightly.

"Ladybug, what's going on? What's wrong? Please, tell me," he said, now extremely worried.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm so sorry," she cried.

Chat pulled back to look at her. "Sorry for what? Ladybug, please, look at me."

Ladybug shook her head, refusing to look up at him.

"Ladybug, please-"

"I'm pregnant," she blurted out.

Chat froze, his eyes widening.

"I-I found out last week, last Friday," she sobbed.

Chat got a strange sense of Deja Vu but decided to ignore it.

"Y-you're pregnant?" he finally spoke.

Ladybug was pregnant. He slept with Ladybug. Could it be..?

She nodded, now quietly sobbing.

"Who... who's the father?" he asked.

Ladybug finally looked up at him with a frown, "I can't tell you that."

Chat's heart pounded. There was a huge possibility that he was the father.

"Is there more than one possibility?"