I'm Sorry

"How much did you tell Alya?" Chat asked, leaning back on the railing in Marinette's balcony. It was late at night, but he wanted to talk to her in private once more.

"I told her that I got pregnant as Ladybug and that Adrien knows my identity and about the baby. I also told her Chat knows I'm pregnant and is in agreement with me being temporarily replaced," she said, sitting down on her chair.

"She took it well?"

Marinette nodded, "Surprisingly. I can tell she has loads of questions to ask. Most probably having to do with Chat Noir and Adrien."

"You didn't tell her I was Chat Noir?" he asked.

"I wasn't sure if you wanted me to. Did you tell Nino?"

He shook his head, "No, I only let him know I got you, Marinette, pregnant. I didn't tell him I was Chat Noir. Should Alya know it's me?"

Marinette shrugged, "She already knows it's me, so I don't think it'd be a big deal for her to know it's you. It's up to you."

It wouldn't be a bad idea for Alya to know. It would make things easier for them. He'd consider telling her.

"How do you feel?"

"About?"

"Well, you don't have your earrings anymore," he spoke softly. Marinette instinctively reached for her ears. Nothing. She felt her eyes start to water. Chat Noir immediately ran to her.

He sat down next to her before pulling her onto his lap. She wrapped her arms around him and buried her face in the crook of his neck.

"I shouldn't have asked, I'm sorry," he said, rubbing her back.

"It's ok," she sniffled. "I'll be ok."

"We should really talk about our future," he spoke.

Our future. Marinette felt her heart flutter.

She pulled back, her arms wrapped around his neck.

"I'm terrified," she mumbled.

"I am too, but we're doing this together," he said, kissing the tip of her nose. Marinette blushed. Adrien was currently her only comfort in this whole situation.

"I think we need to let our parents know first," she sighed, burying her face in the crook of his neck again. "I need to get pre-natal checks. I have no clue what I'm doing, so I'm hoping my mom can help me."

"How do you want to tell them?"

"I don't know. I'm scared of telling them. They'll be so disappointed," she felt her eyes begin to water again.

Chat rubbed her back, "We can tell them together if you want?" Marinette nodded.

Neither of them wanted to bring up Gabriel, so neither did.

"Um, there's something else I want to talk about," Chat spoke nervously.

"Hm?" Marinette hummed, too comfortable to want to move.

"I-it's about us," he blushed.

"U-us?" Marinette froze.

Chat nodded, "Well, what are we? Do you want to be something? We're in this together, I just don't want to push your boundaries."

Yes. Yes yes yes, she wanted to cry out. She wanted to be his girlfriend. But she hesitated. She began to feel guilty again. It didn't matter how many times he'd tell her he's 100% on board with the baby, she couldn't help it. Was he feeling pressured to date her? Was he doing it because it was the "right" thing to do?