Your Life

Adrien wasn't sure if his father did intend on kicking him out. Either way, Adrien chose to stay at the Dupain-Cheng's. Tom and Sabine weren't happy when they heard what happened. Adrien initially thought they were mad that he was staying there, but no, they welcomed him with open arms. They were mad at his father. Sabine was the most pissed of the two, going off about how Gabriel should understand that Adrien is 18, still young, but old enough to know what he wants in life.

Adrien went back to his house to collect clothes as Chat Noir. He didn't want to face his father so he preferred to sneak around. He wondered if his father even noticed his absence. It hurt him to think that his father was that cruel. Cruel enough to just kick him out the second he did something his father deemed inappropriate. Was he really that disposable?

He hadn't realized he'd arrived back at Marinette's balcony until he heard the trapdoor open.

"Chat?"

He turned around to see Marinette climbing out of her room, a worried expression on her face.

"Are you ok?" she asked softly.

Chat bit his lip, trying to hold back tears, but he couldn't. Marinette pulled him into a hug. He hugged back, mindful not to squeeze her too hard.

She pulled him down onto her lawn chair, running her hand gently through his hair as he cuddled up next to her. He buried his face into the crook of her neck.

"It's ok, kitty," she cooed.

Her presence soothed him. She smelled so sweet. Did she just get out of the shower? She smelled like lavender and had a fresh set of pajamas on.

He pulled back, looking down at her and seeing her top had ridden up a little, exposing part of the stomach. He lifted her shirt up a bit, stopping before it got anywhere indecent.

"What are you doing?" she asked, blushing.

"Admiring your baby bump," he replied, nuzzling up to her belly.

Marinette giggled, "There isn't much to admire."

"So? Our baby is still in there."

Marinette just shook her head, smiling.

"I'm not going to be like him," he muttered after a while, still nuzzled up to her belly.

"I know," she replied. "You'll be an amazing father, Adrien."

He was going to make sure that was true. He wasn't going to continue the cycle of abuse. He was going to try his best to be a good dad to his baby and a good partner to Marinette.

.

Gabriel sat in his office, contemplating his future steps. Adrien took him at his word, leaving the mansion. Nathalie had informed him that Adrien hadn't been home for a few days. He hadn't been home since the argument. Some of his items were missing. Nathalie wasn't sure how he got them without her noticing. Adrien was no doubt with Marinette, Gabriel thought.

Out of all the things Adrien could've done to anger Gabriel, getting a girl pregnant was not at the top of the list. Although, realistically, he shouldn't be surprised. Adrien was a young man and a model. He had the attention of many girls, including classmates. He had also known for a long time now that Marinette had a thing for his son. His son was going to end up with someone eventually. He was surprised at how well-hidden they kept their relationship, however.

Gabriel sighed. Adrien had his mother's temper. Whenever Emily wanted to do something, she was determined to see it through. Adrien was no different. He stood his ground, adamant that he wanted to stick by his pregnant girlfriend. It was further proved with Adrien actually leaving. That was not something Gabriel expected.