Our Life

Adrien chose to continue staying at the Dupain-Cheng's. It felt more like home than his own house. 

He did feel a little bad about staying there, so he helped Tom and Sabine in the bakery whenever he had time. He mostly washed the dishes but he was slowly learning how to bake. Tom and Sabine were grateful for his help but insisted that he didn't have to. Sabine said she was happy he chose to stay instead of going back to live with his father. Tom had warmed up to him by now, even calling him son sometimes. It warmed Adrien's heart. 

As much as Adrien enjoyed living there, he shared the same sentiment as Marinette. He didn't want to put the burden of living with a baby on Tom and Sabine. He knew they'd happily continue letting them live there, but they had a busy schedule. Tom woke up in the early hours of the morning to start prep work, and Sabine would join him an hour later. Adrien didn't want the baby to throw a wrench in their established routine. 

What if they moved out? He had the means to do so, and Marinette was turning 18 soon. He could try looking for places nearby so they wouldn't be too far from the bakery. They could wait to move out once the baby was born. 

He was already planning to skip a semester of university, and Marinette planned on skipping a year. That annoyed his father, but he didn't care.

"Is everything alright, honey?" Sabine asked, breaking Adrien's train of thought.

"Oh, yes, I'm just thinking," he replied, setting down some dishes to dry. 

"Do you mind me asking what about?"

"Well, I was thinking that maybe Marinette and I could move out into our own place after the baby's born," he replied somewhat nervously. 

"Move out?" Sabine repeated, surprised. 

Adrien nodded, "It's not that I don't enjoy living here, I do; it's a better home than my own home ever was. But I just think it might be better if Marinette and I get our own place. We'll need more space for when the baby arrives, and I know Marinette wants her own studio to work in. I don't plan on going far. I know Marinette will want to live near the bakery. I-It's just a thought, though. I need to talk with Marinette first and see if she's even comfortable with the idea."

Sabine smiled. She walked up to him and placed a hand on his cheek. "It's so wonderful to see you two grow up. You two have matured so much these past few months. I'm so proud of you, dear. Whether you decide to stay longer or move out, I'll support whatever decision you two make."

Adrien couldn't help but tear up. I'm so proud of you. He didn't hear those words often. He couldn't recall if his father ever said those words to him. 

Sabine pulled him into a hug, and he hugged back, smiling. 

Maybe they could stay a little longer. 

Marinette turned off her sewing machine and pulled out the piece of fabric she was working on. She inspected the seams to make sure everything was looking well. She decided to go ahead with her plan to open up a small online boutique where she sold custom pieces. It wasn't much, but she was selling just enough, so that's all that mattered. 

She was saving up as much as she could. She was setting money aside to keep up her small business, but most of it was going to go towards the baby. 

She heard her trapdoor open and turned to see Adrien walk into the room.

"What are you doing, buginette?" he asked, walking over to stand beside her. 

"Working on a commission. I'm trying to save up money," she replied. 

"For what?"

"For the baby, obviously." 

Adrien raised a brow, "You don't have to do that. I have most of it covered already. Your parents offered to buy a stroller, and father offered to buy some items for the nursery. It's all for show, but why turn down free stuff? I saw some really cute"

"Adrien," Marinette interrupted with a huff.

"Yes?"

"I want to work. I want to make my own money. I don't want to be dependent on you," she spoke, standing up from her chair.

"Oh, s-sorry. I didn't mean to imply"

"It's ok, kitty," she interrupted him again, "I know what you meant. I appreciate what you're doing for me and our baby. I appreciate all the help we're getting, but I want to do some things on my own."

"You're right, I'm sorry, my lady," he replied, taking her hand and placing a soft kiss on the back of it. 

Both of their phones went off at the same time, signaling an akuma attack. 

"Duty calls," Adrien sighed. 

He called out his transformation and went to leave through her balcony. He looked back to see Marinette follow him up. She struggled a bit to climb up the trapdoor, and Chat chuckled, helping her up. 

"Here to see me off?" he joked.

"Why not?" Marinette blushed. 

"Wait, seriously?" he asked, pleasantly surprised. 

She nodded, "Yes, I worry about you. I know we you have been doing this for years, but it's hard not to. I'm not there to scold at you for taking all the hits." 

Chat laughed, "You sound adorable."

"I'm serious!" Marinette huffed. 

"I know you are, but I got this. It's ok, princess," he said, giving her a quick peck on the lips. 

"This stray always comes back," he grinned before vaulting off. 

Marinette walked over to the edge of the balcony, placing a hand on her baby bump. Chat turned to look back and see her wave. He smiled when he noticed her hand on her stomach. He loved her baby bump; it looked adorable to him. 

He turned back forward, heading to the akuma attack. Right now, his job was to protect the city, but most importantly, he was going to protect Marinette and their son. 

~~~~~~~~~~

We love a supportive Sabine