It's You and Me Against the World

"I'm going to go see her," Adrien sat up.

.

"I'm going to go see him," she got up.

.

"Right now?" Plagg groaned.

.

"Really?" Tikki asked, surprised.

.

"Yes, Plagg, now. She avoids me at school, and now she's going to avoid Chat Noir. My only option is to go to her directly, now c'mon."

He called out his transformation before leaving through his window. They had just finished patrol, so she'd most likely be at home.

.

"Y-yes, if I wait any longer, I'll chicken out again," she mumbled. She called out her transformation. It was late, so Adrien had to be home.

She climbed up to her balcony. She took a few deep breaths to calm herself down before hesitantly making her way over to Adrien's.

She got about halfway there before she stopped at a random secluded park. She looked down to see her hands shaking. She sat down at a nearby bench and let go of her transformation.

How the hell was she going to do this?

Just walk in there and say, oh, hi Adrien! Remember how we hooked up a few weeks ago? Well, I'm pregnant now. Oh, and remember your very-good-friend Marinette that's also pregnant? Well, that's me! I've been avoiding you the whole time out of shame and guilt!

She wasn't able to hold herself together when telling Chat; how was she going to tell Adrien? She felt her chest tighten. It suddenly felt hard to breathe.

"Marinette?"

She quickly turned her head to see Adrien standing there, looking at her with a curious gaze.

He'd spotted her making her way to the bench with his night vision. He wasn't sure of how to approach her at first. He figured that it wouldn't make much sense to approach her as Chat. By the looks of it, it seems like she was on her way to go see Adrien.

"A-Adrien?" her eyes widened. "What are you doing here?"

"Looking for you," he replied, a soft smile on his face.

"M-me? W-why?" she stuttered out nervously.

"I want to talk to you," he replied.

This is it, she thought, this is my chance.

Marinette stood up, "Actually, I need to talk to you too."

Marinette internally patted herself on the back for saying that without stuttering or mixing up her words. If only it could stay that way.

"Don't stand up, let's just sit down, ok?" he gestured to the bench. His buginette was skittish and accident-prone, so it was probably best for her to sit down with this type of conversation. He felt fine before leaving the house, but hearing her say she wanted to talk to him made him a little excited and anxious at the same time.

"Oh, o-ok," she sat down, her cheeks turning pink as he sat down next to her.

"Wh-what did you want to talk about?" she asked nervously. She could feel her heart rate speed up and her hands shake again. Adrien noticed. He took her hands in his and gave them a gentle squeeze. Marinette felt like she was going to pass out.

"Are you ok?" he asked. Marinette just nodded.

"Are you nervous about what you're going to say?"

She nodded again.