IV. The First Task and In Memorium

"What! They have dragons? Jesus Christ, the Ministry really have gone off the rails this time, and I thought the Dementors last year was excessive!"

Harry stands in front of you, arms folded and a playful smile on his face as he watches you rant on about the safety of the contestants.

"So Rhaegal, anything to say about a particular French woman?" You immediately snap out of your rant and turn towards Harry. "It's alright mate, I'm the only one who knows about you and Fleur, and I'll keep it that way." You breathe out a sigh of relief, finding your lips tugging themselves into a smirk.

"Perhaps I could tell Hermione about how you stare at her everytime you sit down at the Gryfindor table." Harry spits water out of his mouth, covering a nearby mirror in the Room of Requirement. You double over laughing, before you feel an unknown hand on your shoulder. Turning around, you are met by the faces of two middle-aged men, one of whom was last year's Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher.

You take a step back, drops of sweat forming on your brow. "S-Sirius Black, Professor Lupin..." The older men look at you with stern faces, before their facades crumble, and their composure too.

"You seriously thought we," Lupin says, pointing at himself and Sirius, "we were going to hurt you?" He lets you a belly full of laughter, and your lips tug themselves into an unimpressed smirk. "It's alright Rhaegal. Me and Sirius have been coaching Harry when you haven't been. It's nearly lunchtime, you should go and grab something to eat."

"That I could. Or, I could stay here and see how Harry fares against the famed Marauder?" Harry's face darkens in mock anger, flenching his fists and staring at you, before he goes barrell rolling across the room. Remus stares blankly at Sirius, who responds by wagging his eyebrows. Remus then turns to me, a smirk fixed firmly on his face, before laughter finally breaks through.

"Go on, Rhaegal, have a break." Harry looks at you, his eyes imploring you to go, probably so you don't see further embarressment on his behalf. 

"Alright, Harry, I'll go. Sirius?" You turn around and see a dog standing in the place of Sirius, its tail wagging . "Beat his arse." As you walk away, Harry flips you off, and Sirius and Remus let out a howl of laughter, and your posture finally relents, allowing for a few chuckles to escape your mouth.

[...]

"Damn, where did Harry's broom come from?" You ask no-one in particular, receiving only an emotionless stare from Victor, whilst Cedric and Fleur were doing their best to contain their laughter. You could see the dragon getting more and more frustrated, tugging against its chain until finally it snapped, pursuing Harry out of the arena.

"Fucking hell." You summon your broom, a Turbo XXX, and chase after Harry and the Hungarian Horntail. You buzz the Astronomy Tower, only to find the dragon ripping tile after tile off the roof. "Hey you!" The dragon looks up at you, eyes gleaming with malice and death, before it spreads its wings and launches itself off of the tower.

"Shit." You dive down, hoping to catch the dragon out. It may be faster than you, but you've got more maneuverability. You lead it just above the arena, and you turn to face it head on, whipping out your wand, and standing up precariously on your broom. The dragon looks you in the eye, and begins to open its mouth, the air around you heating up rapidly.

"Petrificus Totalus!" You yell, and the dragon's body freezes, before plummeting back into the enclave of the arena, barely missing Harry with the Golden Egg clasped firmy underneath his armpit. Your broom jerks violently to the left, and you plummet to the ground, closing your eyes in acceptance of your fate...