~Chapter one~

A/N: Hi! I hope you enjoy this it's basically some of what I want to happen and just creative writing :) Feel free to leave notes, comments, and suggestions for future chapters <3

Lois POV:

It was a normal Thursday morning around 6 AM, my alarm went off as it usually did on week days. Clark was still sleeping which was a little strange but he's been having an off week. He said his head hurt which immediately worried me since he never feels pain unless kryptonite is involved. He said he was fine though. I got up and let him sleep for a bit longer while I got dressed and woke the boys up for school.

School starts at 8:00 so I have about two hours before we need to leave so, I go to my closet and find my outfit for the day. I have work so I choose a blue button up shirt, blue jeans, and a moss green denim jacket. I looked over my shoulder to make sure I didn't wake Clark, he was still sleeping peacefully. It's rare that I wake up before Clark but it's nice to see him so content. Light is softly shining through the curtains onto his face so I walk over to his side of the bed and kiss his forehead. I jumped back, quietly. His face was burning hot. When I jumped back, I hit the nightstand and Clark jumped awake. I took this opportunity to ask if he was feeling okay. He responds with "No, not really but i'm sure I just need sleep, maybe you should call your dad? We did some 7734 weapon testing earlier this week, maybe one of them affected me differently than usual.

I walk out of our room and left Clark to sleep, it's around 6:45 now. I walk down the hall and knock on Jordan's door, Jonathan's as well, then go downstairs to get breakfast. I've been exhausted lately so I just get out some cereal that the boys can make themselves while I finish getting ready.

Jonathan comes down the stairs dressed in blue jeans and a red Smallville football tee and sits down to eat his cereal. I go upstairs to the bathroom to do my hair. Normally I straighten it, but today Chrissy and I have a calm day at the Gazette writing our paper since we did all the interviews earlier this week. After I put some light makeup on I go see if Jordan is up yet, I knock on his door no reply. I open his door and Jordan was just laying there, he looks so pale he almost matches his white walls. I yell for Clark and he runs in not looking much better than Jordan. We walk over to him and shake him awake. He wakes up and I ask Clark to go get a thermometer. When he gets back, he hands me the thermometer and Jordan's temperature is 102.7. Clark and I look at each other while Clark moves Jordan to our bed so he could keep an eye on him through out the day while they both rest.

I walk downstairs to see if Jonathan is ready, it's 7:45, by now he should be done eating. He's not in the kitchen so I go look in the living room. Of course hes just sitting there so I tell him to go get his shoes on, grab his bag, and meet me in the car. I got my things and met Jon in the car, he asked where Jordan was and I had to try and explain he and dad were sick and we don't know why, but I am going to call grandpa later and see what's going on. Jon seemed fine with it and I dropped him off at school and went to the Gazette.

Jonathan POV:

I woke up to my mom knocking on my door like she does every school morning. I specifically like how she doesn't just come in, she respects Jordan and I's privacy unless it needs to be invaded. I get dressed and walk downstairs. Cereal again? Look, i'm not complaining im just worried. Dad usually makes breakfast every morning but he's not himself. He has been sleeping in, not feeling well, and not even doing much "superhero-ing" which very very unusual for dad. He never is like this, well until earlier this week when grandpa and him tested some more kryptonite weapons for 7734.

Something else that's weird is the fact that Mom has been tired lately too. it's weird for dad to be tired but its even weirder for mom. She is always energetic but lately, she's been exhausted. She wakes up, goes to work, comes home, makes dinner, then goes almost immediately to sleep. Just the other night she made dinner (this was before dad was acting weird) right after we ate she went into the living room to do some work. We all normally go with her and just hangout for a bit call it "family bonding time". But this time, we all go in the living room. Dad was asking us about football and how practice was going, ya know, the normal stuff. Jordan leaves to go call Sarah before bed. Dad and I didn't even notice mom had fallen asleep until her pen fell onto the floor, dad even looked a little concerned we just shrugged it off. Dad picked her up and took her upstairs and went to bed. Now dad AND Jordan are sick which isn't supposed to happen like EVER and mom isn't herself. Usually Jordan is the one to worry but I'm concerned and I don't really know why. I'm sure it's nothing to worry about though.