~Chapter six~

Clark POV:

Lois and I sit on the cool tile floor in the bathroom impatiently waiting for the timer on her phone to go off. We look at each other nervously, I just sit there while Lois fidgets with her hands. After what seems like five years the alarm goes off we look at each other, we both take deep breaths, and I flip the test.

 My heart stops, it's positive I stuttered. Lois froze, she looked like she had seen a ghost she was so pale. I pick up the other test just in case it was a false positive its unlikely but it can happen. The other test was positive as well, Lois looked terrified she wasn't moving or saying anything. I didn't know what to do or say she was shocked, frozen in fear.

Lois POV:

"Its positive" Clark stuttered my heart dropped I froze "I'm pregnant" I thought to myself. My mind is racing and I can't think straight Clark is just sitting there just as unsure of what to do as I am. I felt like the room was closing in on me, like I couldn't breathe I needed to get out. I stood up way too quickly, my head started spinning I caught my balance on the wall. Clark stood up to make sure I was ok, I walked out of the bathroom trying to process everything, I kept thinking about everything wouldn't the blood test they did at the hospital say I was pregnant? I just wish my brain would be quiet just for one second, I just needed one second of peace. The room starts spinning again like I'm on a spinning top and I can't focus everything gets all blurry and sounds got all muffled like I was underwater I gasp for Clark then everything goes black.

Clark POV:

Lois gets up all of the sudden, but she almost falls automatically. She catches herself on the wall, stands there for a second, and walks out I follow her. Lois is just standing there in the room with her hands on her head and her eyes squeezed shut. She opens her eyes and stumbles back a step, then her eyes roll back into her head and her body goes limp. I run over a catch her before she hits the floor. I start shaking her gently trying to get her to wake up but she stays unconscious. I check her heart rate it's normal thankfully, she's probably dehydrated again and I can tell she's overwhelmed. I put her on the bed and try and wake her up every few minutes but she's still not responding. 

Its been almost 15 minutes and she still isn't responding I'm slightly freaking out actually that's an understatement I'm definitely freaking out . It reassures me a bit that we at least know why shes so sick. Honestly I'm still processing she's pregnant especially because this time is so different than the other two pregnancy's. With the twins we were on Argo so she wasn't in pain because their kryptonian genes couldn't work without a yellow sun. They were like any other normal pregnancy. With Natalie we had just found out the gender when the miscarriage happened, but up til then the pregnancy was normal because Natalie wasn't as strong physically as a normal baby would have been at that stage and it resulted in us losing her.

This pregnancy so far has been a bit of a train wreck now that I'm thinking about it. A lot of things are coming to my mind how far along she maybe this is the cause of her weeks of tiredness. It just hit me we're going to have another kid that's just I'm not sure how to feel about it honestly. We both were crushed after losing Natalie and that's when we decided to not have anymore kids. Now that she's pregnant there's a lot we need to discuss but I really just want her to be comfortable with everything. 

I try and wake Lois up again even if it was just for a minute so I could make sure she was all right then she could go back to sleep. She slowly opens her eyes "what happened" she groans I explain she passed out when she walked out of the bathroom. She sat up promptly and grasped the edge of the trash and gets sick again. I hold her hair back until she's done I put the back of my hand to her forehead she was burning up. I quickly get up to grab the thermometer off the bathroom counter and to wet a washcloth for her face to try and help bring her temp down. The doctor at the hospital said that her fever is most likely due to her pain level. The more pain she's in the higher the fever is how he explained it to me when I asked if anything would help. 

When I take her temperature its 103.8 I look at her then she starts crying, all I can do is try and get her fever down and make her as comfortable as possible. I ask her what specifically hurts to see if I could do anything "my stomach feels like its burning, and there's Sharp pains while also feeling like there's something heavy on it" she moans. Lois then curls up into a ball which seems to help a bit. Every now and then she would groan from the pain being to much. 

Lois POV:

"I just want it to stop" I sob clutching my stomach. I wish the world could just stop just for one second so I can finally have some peace a moment to process everything without the pain overtaking my mind. Every minute or so I scream from this almost burning stab feeling in my stomach. I could tell Clark was worried about me so I turn to my other side facing him I hate when he's worried because I know he feels helpless. I just hug him even though he's sitting up a little more than I am so I'm kind of just hugging his torso. He takes one of his arms and rubs my back which helps a bit. I put my right leg on top of his legs which thankfully took some pressure away from my stomach and eased the pain. 

Jonathan POV:

Jordan and I are sitting in his room playing a video game. I can tell Jordan's distracted because he is losing to me and believe me I suck at this game. I felt bad for him I knew his super hearing wasn't all the way under control yet and he could hear mom's pain. I ask him if he wants to go for a walk just to get his mind off everything. He looks at me confused "it's almost 10 PM Jon" he pointed out. I shrugged and put my coat on "so what I can tell you need a break and I'm bored so we are going for a walk. Come on get your coat or like a sweatshirt" I urged. 

He laughed and pulled on his black hoodie while I inform dad we were going for a walk. When we got outside I asked where he wanted to go he said it's a surprise I shrugged and we started walking. It was around 15 minutes later when Jordan stopped walking "this is it pretty cool right". My jaw dropped it was more than cool Jordan took me to a crimson red painted covered bridge with soft white stringed lights around it kind of like the ones you would see during Christmas time. This was no regular covered bridge too it had doors on either side so it was kind of like a little house. 

"Who's place is this" I exclaim, Jordan walks into the "house-bridge" and sits on a couch inside "mine" he laughs. "One of the first days after we moved I was walking on the path we walked on to get here and this nice older couple were painting the outside of it. They saw me and said hi, I smiled and asked what this place was and they told me their son built it because he liked the view of the waterfall from inside." 

I smiled and nodded "Then eventually after helping them fix it up they said I could have it and no one can take it away because it's not on anyone's property. I asked them about their son and they told me he passed away when he was in the military. He wanted his kids to have it but he never had the chance to have any so they gave it to me. As long as I visit them once in a while it's mine and I can come here if I need an escape oh and bonus in the summer you can swim in the lake that's connected to the waterfall" he exclaimed. 

"So you have been visiting them are they nice?" I question Jordan nods "I see them once or twice a month, they want to meet you, mom and dad sometime I think you guys would really like them". I smile It's nice Jordan made some friends even if they are old "I'm sure we would like them we should set something up sometime" I mentioned. We sat there and talked for about 45 minutes just talking then Jordan stands up and says that we should get going I agree and we walk back.

 It was quiet on the walk back I guess we were just thinking about things. I know I was thinking about how I'm glad Jordan felt comfortable sharing the bridge with me. We have always been close like this, we tend to lean on each other for support mom and dad call it "a twin thing". I guess their right we've been close our whole live's even when we're in the middle of a fight. If one of us needs each other we tend to drop everything to help the other and I'm grateful for that relationship because I know so many people who don't have that.

A/N: enjoy whatever this train wreck of a chapter is :)