~Chapter three~

Clark's POV: 

My phone goes off around 11:00 AM I reach over to the table next to my bed and pick it up. Its Sam Lois's dad and head of the DOD (Department of defense). On the other end of the call Sam says "Clark we need you to come down to the DOD today there is a potential threat and we could really use Superman's help". I sigh not because I need to get down there but because Lois is still sleeping and I don't want to leave her alone. Sam apparently heard me and sounded irritated he took a deep breath and said "is there a problem Clark"? I quickly respond with no sir, I'll be right there in a bit. "Make it speedy Clark" he said and immediately hung up.

 I text Jordan and ask him to come right home after school because I had to leave and it would be a bit before he got home anyways that's longer then I would prefer to leave Lois alone. if I knew when I would be home I would tell them but knowing the DOD I wont get home till later tonight if the potential threat is serious. Jordan replies quickly and informs me that Sarah can drive him home after school then pick up Jon after football practice ends if I'm not back in time.

 I tell him that's fine and to thank Sarah for me, also she can stay for dinner if she wants I know Kyle is doing a double shift, Sophie is at her grandmothers and Lana is doing a night shift at her new job so I wouldn't want her being alone. He says thanks and says school is about to end since its a half day. I absolutely forgot but its reassuring Lois wont be alone for long. I put my suit on kiss Lois on the forehead and leave.

Jordan's POV:

Finally the last bell just rang I'm meeting Sarah in the parking lot after telling Jonathan the plan for after football practice and grabbing my bag from my locker. After grabbing my stuff I head out to the parking lot. Sarah was leaning on her car waiting for me when she saw me her face lit up. That is one of the things I enjoy most about her she acts like I'm the only person in the world when we're together.

I finally get to her car and kiss her she says softly what was that for? I just respond with because I love you she laughed and we drove home talking about school, weekend plans things of that nature. When we get to the house I tell Sarah to give me a second while I check on my mom. I walk up the stairs and into mom and dads room mom was sleeping but I accidentally woke her up when I walked into the door frame. Sorry I whisper she says "its all right baby come here I haven't seen you in what feels like forever". I walk over and sit on dads side of the bed and she wraps me in her arms.

 Mom and I have always been close ever since I was younger when I had panic attacks or my anger got the best of me. She would always be there to help me calm down or talk it out it was like she understood me so I don't mind when shes sick. So I can show her how much I appreciate her and everything she has done for me. We talk about what she was working on at The Gazette and how shes feeling I go downstairs to update Sarah and get mom some water. 

When I come back we continue to talk about school and things like that then I tell her I'm worried about her but she tries convincing me shes ok. As shes done saying that shes just a little tired she throws her blankets off of her and sprints to the bathroom. I follow her to make sure shes ok. She just barely made it to the toilet before throwing up. I just stand in the doorway for a second frozen which is what usually happens when I'm about to have a panic attack.

 I freeze but I take a few deep breaths and walked over to her. She leans against the wall with her eyes closed kind of like she does when shes thinking. Her face lost the color she had left I sit down next to her and asked if she was ok she leaned her head on my shoulder and nodded. Her face is hot I can feel its warmth through my shirt. Its kind of like when you sit around a fire and there is a wave of heat that hurts your eyes.

Sarah came in and asked if we were ok I mouthed "call dad" she nodded and then I say can you get the thermometer she says yeah sure and she went downstairs. Mom could barely keep her eyes open and the floor wasn't very comfortable so I suggest we go back to the bed she nods tiredly. I help her up and we walk a few feet slowly we get to the bed and she lays down. Sarah walks in and hands me the thermometer then mouths "I'm going to call your dad" and leaves. I take moms temperature 101.9 I didn't know what to do she had a dangerously high fever which is weird one because mom never gets sick and two when she does its never past 99.7 ish. 

I texted Sarah to tell dad her temp was 101.9 and he should come home also to tell him she got sick and she cant really walk. Apparently she was on the phone with him or something at the time because not even a minute later he ran in. Sarah just thought he was close by doing something so she didn't question his speed getting here. Dad came over to the bed and looked at me who was still laying there because mom fell asleep with her head on me. I didn't want to move until he got home because she looked so comfortable and I didn't want to wake her up. Dad lifts her head gently and takes my spot he whispers to go get a trash can just in case.

 I nod and go to my room grab the trash in there since I don't even use it and go put it in their room. Dad whispers that her face is really hot and that he thought the thermometer must have been wrong when Sarah told him her temp was 101.9 but now he feels it he realizes it wasn't. I hug him and leave the room. I update Sarah downstairs she said its ok she still technically got to have time with me and her mom got out of work early so shes going to go home. I kiss her goodbye she smiles and says she hopes mom feels better soon then she gets into her car and leaves.

Lois POV:

Jordan wakes me up I can tell it was on accident because he bumped into the door frame. I laugh a little he's very clumsy at the weirdest moments. I told him to come sit with me I wasn't feeling great I was actually feeling worse than last night but he didn't need to worry about that. We talked about how schools going since I haven't been around to see the boys much since I've either been at work or asleep. Jordan got up to get me some water my head was pounding which usually happens when I have a fever maybe I do I cant really tell. 

Jordan comes back with a glass of water we start talking about how schools going and he mentions he's worried I reassure him I'm ok just have a cold or something. Then everything started spinning like I was on a spinning chair and could focus on one thing all I saw was a blur then a wave of nausea hits me and I get up as fast as I can and run to the bathroom. Clark and I have our own bathroom connected to our room so it wasn't far but it felt like miles. I fell onto my knees and emptied my stomach into the toilet. After I finished I leaned back onto the wall the tiled floor was nice and cold and the wall was the only way I could hold myself up. 

Jordan sits next to me I could tell he was freaked out a bit. I put my head on his shoulder I wish Clark was there I wish he didn't have to leave earlier. Sarah comes in asks if we need anything Jordan asks for the thermometer. While shes gone Jordan helps me walk to bed he's basically holding me up I feel like I'll collapse if I didn't have his arm around me. I lay down and lean on Jordan when Sarah comes in Jordan takes my temperature 101.9 no wonder my head is killing me. A few minutes later I fall asleep. I wake up slightly when Clark got home and switched with Jordan he put his arm around me and I was finally comfortable enough to stay asleep. 

A/N: (ILY benji good luck with ur surgery) This chapter was fun to write three perspectives I was going to add Sarah's but I decided not to PLZ leave comments, ideas, and suggestions :)