006.

✦ ༉‧₊˚⋆˚( ⁿᵒᵗ ᶠʳⁱᵉⁿᵈˢ )˚⁺✧₊˚.*♡

🍪 — 006

🍪 — 006. we're going on a trip on our favorite mechanical dragon. 

ISA DIDN'T REALLY INTEND TO be awoken with Butch yelling over her head to get ready for the quest as he flew out of the cabin, seemingly in a hurry. Rubbing her eyes to get the sleep out, the girl blindly looked around the room and searched for clothes she could wear. She grabbed a pair of light-washed baggy jeans, pulling a off-the-shoulder, white sweater over her head, putting on her vans and grasping a coat from her closet because it would be cold once outside of the Camp borders.

A soft meow was heard around her legs. Isa looked down.

"You want to come too?" she asked, cooing down at her cat. Red meowed again, nuzzling his white fur against her legs, "Alright, alright."

She made sure her necklace was there, as well as all the necessities in her bag. She picked up the cat and put it inside her bag, its head the only thing you could see, and walked out of the door.

And was met with a flying dragon.

"Leo?" Piper yelled as she walked out of the Aphrodite cabin.

The dragon set down right in the middle of the green, and Leo yelled, "It's cool! Don't shoot!

Hesitantly, the archers lowered their bows. The warriors backed away, keeping their spears and swords ready. They made a loose wide ring around the metal monster. Other demigods hid behind their cabin doors or peeped out the windows. Nobody seemed anxious to get close. Isa couldn't blame them.

The dragon was huge. It glistened in the morning sun like a living penny sculpture ─ different shades of copper and bronze ─ a sixty-foot-long serpent with steel talons and drill-bit teeth and glowing ruby eyes. It had bat-shaped wings twice its length that unfurled like metallic sails, making a sound like coins cascading out of a slot machine every time they flapped.

"It's beautiful," Piper muttered.

The other demigods stared at her like she was insane. The dragon reared its head and shot a column of fire into the sky. Campers scrambled away and hefted their weapons, but Leo slid calmly off the dragon's back. He held up his hands like he was surrendering, except he still had that crazy grin on his face.

"People of Earth, I come in peace!" he shouted. He looked like he'd been rolling around in the campfire. His army coat and his face were smeared with soot. His hands were grease stained, and he wore a new tool belt around his waist. His eyes were bloodshot. His curly hair was so oily it stuck up in porcupine quills, and he smelled strangely of Tabasco sauce. But he looked absolutely delighted. "Festus is just saying hello!"