012.

✦ ༉‧₊˚⋆˚( ⁿᵒᵗ ᶠʳⁱᵉⁿᵈˢ )˚⁺✧₊˚.*♡

🍪 — 012

🍪 — 012. charmspeak is cool.

LEO GOT DISTRACTED on the second floor with the appliances. "No way," he said. "Is that an armored forge?"

Before Piper could stop him, he hopped off the escalator and ran over to a big oval oven that looked like a barbecue on steroids. When they caught up with him, the princess said, "You have good taste. This is the H-2000, designed by Hephaestus himself. Hot enough to melt Celestial bronze or Imperial gold."

Jason flinched as if he recognized that term. "Imperial gold?"

The princess nodded. "Yes, my dear. Like that weapon so cleverly concealed in your pocket. To be properly forged, Imperial gold had to be consecrated in the Temple of Jupiter on Capitoline Hill in Rome. Quite a powerful and rare metal, but like the Roman emperors, quite volatile. Be sure never to break that blade. . ."

She smiled pleasantly. "Rome was after my time, of course, but I do hear stories. And now over here ─ this golden throne is one of my finest luxury items. Hephaestus made it as a punishment for his mother, Hera. Sit in it and you'll be immediately trapped."

Leo apparently took this as an order. He began walking toward it in a trance.

"Leo, don't!" Piper warned.

He blinked. "How much for both?"

"Oh, the seat I could let you have for five great deeds. The forge, seven years of servitude. And for only a bit of your strength ─ " She led Leo into the appliance section, giving him prices on various items and Jason followed. Before Isa, too, could leave with them, Piper grabbed her hand and pulled her towards her.

"Nope, you're staying with me," Piper said.

Piper didn't want to leave the two boys alone with her, but she had to try reasoning with Isa; daughter of Iris already knew what charmspeak was. She pulled them aside and snapped her fingers in front of her face.

Isa shook her head, like coming out of a trance, "What. . . ?"

"Oh, thank gods!" Piper said.

"What happened?"

"She's charmspeaking you. Can't you feel it?"

Isa stared at Piper for a moment, her eyes changing from yellow to lime green in mere seconds, "Oh, shit!"

"Yeah, oh shit! She shouldn't even be alive! She was married to Jason ─ the other Jason ─ three thousand years ago. Remember what Boreas said — something about the souls no longer being confined to Hades? It's not just monsters who can't stay dead. She's come back from the Underworld!"