NU FLORIDA!!!

(I'm working on an animation for this book :D)

We immediately called America and told him the news. New York hadn't slept in years! He couldn't sleep if he wanted to! Their powers are all going away... there has to be a reason why!

"Everyone... just Um... go back to your rooms and try to calm down I guess... I'll tell Utah to hold a meeting," Wisconsin said. We all nodded and went back to Mississippi's room. Me and Cali went to find Florida, but oddly enough, he wasn't in his room.

"Ey Miss? Where's Florida?" I ask.

"Uh... I think he's with Louis?" Mississippi said. We go to Louis's room, and before even walking in we could hear laughter and music. We walk in and see Louis and Florida swinging together to the beat bumping from a nearby gramophone which shouldn't sound as good as it does. Florida looks over at us and happily cooed.

"Hey you two! What's up? What did New York want?" Louis asked. I sigh.

"Not to kill the mood... but... something bad just happened," I said. The music stopped.

"What's wrong?" Louis asked.

"New York lost his power... he's sleeping right now," I say.

"Oh no... oh god... the prophecy...," Louis said.

"What prophecy?" California asks. Me and Louis stare at each other for a moment.

"I think... I think I have to share it," Louis said. I nod. "I'm so sorry-,"

"It's ok... it's what's best," I say. Utah calls us, and we all go to the dining hall. New York sleepily joins us.

"Why'd you call New York! We should let him rest!" I exclaim.

"Yeah we should let him sleeeeeep-," New York slurred, as he slumped down and succumbed to slumberland. Everyone gasped.

"Yeah... we were gonna talk about that... Idaho, take him back to the infirmary so he can sleep," Utah said. Idaho quickly put New York back in the infirmary.

"Anyway, this is kinda horrible and terrifying and I want everyone, and I mean everyone to try and use your power right this second so we can see if it still works," Utah said. Everyone tried out their power, and there were a few too many terrified murmurs. A good amount of states were left powerless. Then there was a loud gunshot.

"Sorry! Sorry!!.... still got it," Missouri said. Michigan looked absolutely petrified.

"EVERYTHING IS SO QUIET OH MY GOD WHY IS IT SO QUIET QUICK SOMEONE PLEASE SCREAM IN MY EAR ITS WAY TOO QUIET!!!!" Michigan screamed. Maine started trying to sing to calm him down, but every time she tried, the melody would come out off-key. Illinois just went completely mute, trying desperately to say anything at all, Indiana lost his speed, Minnesota was having a meltdown trying to duplicate, and everyone else was just panicking and shouting and crying. I look around, feeling the need to do something... so I rush to my room and grab a megaphone.

"EVERYONE LISTEN UP!" I shout through the megaphone, standing on a table. Everyone turns to look at me. "If you still have your power, raise your hand," I say. A few people raise their hands. I sigh, trying to remain calm. "It's getting late, we should try to settle down for today... sleep on it. We'll figure this out tomorrow morning with fresh minds," I say. The states murmured to each other, but all seemed to agree. After dinner (thank god Connecticut still had his power) we go to bed.

I wake up in the middle of the night, compelled to go somewhere.

"Ugh... Utah...," I murmur. I slowly walk through the halls, when suddenly, Florida stops me. He hisses, obviously questioning me. "Utah called, he must need me," I say. But suddenly, Utah runs up to us.

"I lost my gift!" Utah exclaimed.

"...pardon?" I say.

"I was calling Rhode Island because I dropped my phone underneath my bed and I wanted him to get it but that was an hour ago and he didn't show up and I went to check on him and he said he didn't feel the urge to come to me!!" Utah exclaimed.

"....then... who called me?" I ask, slightly shuffling away throughout this entire conversation.

"Someone... called you...? Um.... I don't think it's a good idea to go...," Utah said.

"But what if it helps us find out where the magic is going?" I ask. Florida hissed, grabbing my hand. "You're going too?" I ask. Florida nods.

"I'll help as well," Louis said, coming out of the shadow realm. Florida squeals happily and clings onto Louis's arm. I smile, glad that Florida made another friend.

"Can I help?" Missouri asked.

"...when'd you get here?" I ask.

"Oh, I was getting up to get a glass of water but then I heard you guys," Missouri said.

"Well, when the going gets tough, guns sure help fix the problem. Follow me," I say. I start to follow where the urge leads me, the others close behind. Suddenly, we get to a strange cave in the side of the base of a mountain.

"...everyone ready to get possibly murdered?" Missouri said.

"I guess," I say. We go in and see...

No...

It can't be....

"Texas! I see you've brought friends! How convenient for me, and how horribly inconvenient for you," Confederate cooed.

"What- why- how-," I stutter. Confederate cackles.

"Well, I wanted to see if I could persuade you into snatching my candle back, but I suppose I'll have to take care of those three first...," Confederate said. Suddenly, a dark cloud circled Missouri, as some bright thing flew out of his chest and into a locket around Confederates neck. Missouri tried to shoot Confederate, but was amazed to see that no bullets came out. Confederate laughed and shot him in the leg. Louisiana shifted Missouri into the spirit realm to keep him safe. He was about to do the same for the rest of us, when suddenly a powerful gust of wind knocked him over, and ice formed around his legs, locking him in place. Florida roared at him, and got into a fighting stance, however Confederate just looked amused.

"How nice of you Texas...," Confederate said, chains forming around Florida's neck and arms. "To give me my own pet alligator," Confederate said, before pulling Florida away from us.

"Let him go!" I shout, but Confederate just laughs.

"No need to be hostile! We can be on the same side! Just get me that candle-,"

"You shot my friend! You kidnapped my best friend! I will never, ever help you again!" I exclaim. Confederate shrugs.

"I tried... Florida, get them," Confederate commanded. Suddenly, Florida looked hypnotized... there is a slight additional ability of Utah's that has never been utilized in....basically ever...

That power being... sending someone into an uncontrollable killing spree, while still keeping their consciousness and sentience. Florida started attacking us with pain in his eyes, sobbing with regret. I help Louis back up and drag him to run back home.

"Wait! We can't leave Florida!" He cries.

"We don't have a choice!" I exclaim.

"Please! I can't leave him!!" Louis cries. The spirits thankfully give me a hand dragging him back home. When we get back, Missouri (who was also escorted home by the spirits) was thankfully saved last second by Wisconsin... I feel like Confederate left him for fair play... but that doesn't matter to me right now... because not only is the prophecy coming true...

I need to save my best friend