Chapter 8: Presents

It's now 9am and Loren has finally woke up. Austin is now laying his head in my lap while I play with his hair. Loren walks down the stairs, and I turn my head now looking at her. "Nice to finally see you sunshine" I say to her laughing a little. "Oh shut it Dakota" she says back playfully.

She walks over and sits on the couch across from us. "Cute pants you two" she says rubbing her eyes. "It was all my idea" Austin try's telling her. I take my hand out of his hair and place it on his chest "he very much did not" I say looking at him.

"Okay! Lets open presents kiddos!!" Exclaims Karen. Austin gets up trying to take my hand. "Ill just sit here and watch" I smile. "Come on Koda" Austin whines. "Boy if you dont go and sit by the tree" I tell him. He goes and sits next to his sister by the tree. His mom laughs.

    Karen passes out the presents and stocking. She then hands me 3 cards from Austin, her, and Loren. "Oh you guys didnt have to get me a card or anything" I say to them holding the cards. "It's nothing hun, plus we love you" his mother tells me. Their love language is gifts so I should have seen this coming.

    Austin and Loren open their gifts and stocking. We oo and awe at each gift. Now that they were all done it was my turn. I open the first card from Karen. I open it to find a nice note that read 'Dakota, we are so great full that you are in our live and we love you just like family. Just wanted to thank you for keeping Austin happy and merry Christmas.' The card also had a Sephora, Panera, and Bath & Body works gift cards. "Thank you so much Karen" I say getting up and hugging her. "Oh and you're welcome" I say still in our hug, she laughs. I go and sit back down.

    "Open mine last" Topper says getting up to come sit by me again. I give him a confused look and nod. I now open Lorens. The card revealed a Target, PacSun, and a Victoria's Secret gift card. I laugh at the last one. "Thank you Loren" I say getting up and giving her a hug.

    "Time to open my card now" Austin says giggling. "What are you up to Aus?" I ask him. "You'll see" he tells me with a smile on his face. I open the card to reveal 2 plane tickets to Hawaii. Yeah, something is definitely going to happen. "Austin, what the hell!" I exclaimed happily. "Thought we could get some one on one time before going back to filming" he says with a big smile. I pull him in for a kiss. The kiss lasts a little longer than meant to be. "Eh hm" Loren says. My face turns red in embarrassment. "Oh get used to it Loren" Austin says rolling his eyes and laughing. I look back down at the tickets and back up to him with wide eyes. "Austin, these leave tomorrow" I tell him. "Yeah, I wanted to get there for the 27th, your birthday. Also be there for New Years" he says with a small smile worried I'm upset. "You couldn't have chose the best date" I say giving him a small kiss.

    "Well you better get packing" Austin tells me breaking our kiss. "Austin I packed for LA not Hawaii" I say annoyed a little. "Looks like youll have to go shopping then" he says handing me his debit card. "Austin I can't use your money even more" I tell him. "It's fine, trust me" He says putting his card in my hand. Austin never acts like this, why all of the sudden.

I decided to go shopping with Loren, so we headed out about an hour later. We arrived at Rodeo Drive. We went to lots of stores. Austin though I would use lot of his money, but I used mine mostly. The main things I got were new bikinis, dresses, shoes, and new underwear. I have some weird feeling that Austin might do something but he just gave me a new promise ring yesterday. So I was prepared and got proposal appropriate clothing. Loren and I head back home after a long day.

When we finally arrive back at their parents I check the time, 5:00pm. Loren and I had quite literally spent all day out there. I go up to Austins room and drop my stuff off and walk back down the stairs. I go over to Austin who's standing in the kitchen talking to his mom. He wraps an arm around my waist when I arrive in the kitchen. "So when will we see you guys again?" Asks his mom. "Hopefully soon, we start filming January 6th so I'm not sure" he tells his mom with a smile. Weird. "So what are your plans for New Years?" I ask Karen. "Oh you know just hanging around the house" she responds. We talk back and forth for a little longer. Then his mother leaves so its just us.

Austin grabs my hand "Hey go upstairs, get dressed nice, and meet me back here in an hour" He tells me with a smile. I tilt my head a little in confusion "see you then" I say leaving his hands to go upstairs.

I've got to his room and search my side of his closet for a dress. Perfect. I grab the dress and set it out on the bed. I walk into the bathroom, let my hair down and begin to straighten it. After I finish my hair I start to beat my face as fast as possible while it still looking good. I look at the time on my phone when I'm done with my makeup. 5:41 the time reads. 19 more minutes. I go over to the bed and slip the red scrunched dress then slip on my nude red bottom Louboutins. After I'm dresses I spray on his favorite perfume of mine, Chanel Mademoiselle spray and walk downstairs.

 After I'm dresses I spray on his favorite perfume of mine, Chanel Mademoiselle spray and walk downstairs