Chapter One

Let's see where it all went wrong

"This is your SOS?" I asked the one-eyed man, wiggling my eyebrows at him. He sighs, setting down the black folder with SHIELD's logo containing the information about this mission.

"Y/N, I need you on this." Fury gave me a stern look, signaling that he wasn't joking around anymore. He looked over to his right where two of his agents sits, "The field is radioactive, highly-"

"Okay," I said looking at the window that gives me a great view of DC, the tall buildings across the waters that surround our facility looked familiarly peaceful.

I glance back at them, assessing the looks that they were giving me. Fury is an empty canvas, but with the years we spent together I know under that eye patch, he worries. He knows my abilities to a great extent and I trust he won't put anyone in danger, especially around me.

The brown-haired agent bounces his eyes on me and Fury, almost looking extremely confused which is true. I haven't been in a mission for years, yet I stand above every agent's clearance level almost passing Fury if he wasn't the director. But he gives a glint of fear, probably about the maximum danger the mission offers or mine's.

The small redhead sitting nearest to Fury studies me extensively, doubting my so-called abilities because of my physique. I will admit I'm not the tallest or the strongest in this room, I need to work on my legs these days given the hours I spent in the lab instead of the training room. But I doubt my glutes disappoint.

"She can enter that room and leave in one piece?" She looks at me with her green doe eyes, examining me from head to toe before looking at Fury.

"No doubt,"

She glanced back at me, trusting Fury's words before giving me a subtle nod.

"I want red out of this, Nicholas," I said and looked at him. He rolls his eye as The famous black widow gave me a warning look. Barton at this point just looked amused, clearly enjoying this scene unfold.

"She's the most skilled agent we have, Y/N. Everything she knows can help you successfully finish the mission." Fury said, I scanned the room catching a faux pained face Barton gave Fury.

I smiled as my eyes landed on the old ginger-haired cat sitting on the floor across the room, "If she's your most valuable agent, why are you sending her there?" I stopped near Goose and sat beside her, petting her gently as she scooted closer.

"You're my most valuable friend but I'm sending you out there too."

I stared at Goose still not convinced of how everything will work. Remembering the lives that were lost the last time I used my abilities, almost no living and non-living things survived but me and the blonde walking LGBT flag that hangs out with her weird scaly friends.

"Y/N, this is not a suicide mission." He said softly, fully capable of sensing the things I'm worried about.

"Clearly, but to them," I said looking over at his two agents who remained seated but now hold a tense position. "That's not the case."

"I'm not asking you to do anything, you're not going to use it."

"How sure are you?" I asked him stopping the soft pets I was giving Goose before standing up and clasping my hands together at my back.

"Sure enough to not page Danvers." He stood up from behind his desk sauntering towards me. A frown painted my face unconsciously, "I know what you're thinking, Y/N. If I have the choice I will not ask you to do this, I can't even bear the thought."

"But?"

"What I can't bear the most is the world having another you, or worse more." He gave me a small apologetic smile, I smirked back at him before pulling him for a hug.

"Are you saying, that if I have a child you're gonna hate it?" He chuckled lowly only for me to hear, his hands rested on my shoulders as he gave me a small smile before looking at his agents, both of them stand up in synch.

I pulled away facing the two, "I want this done as soon as possible, so we leave now."

_____________

Author's Note!

I am deeply aware of the awful writing, even I find it boring HAHAHAHA but please, pleaseee, bear with me. I promise it'll get better over the next few chapters <3

-June