Chapter Five

We have what we have when we have it

"Fury, can you tell them to prepare something to cover me if I get out of here," You said under slow breaths, the heat radiating throughout the room unbearable for anything but you. Small smoke from your boots started to appear as the material slowly melted down your feet until it evaporated into the warm air.

"When you get out of there-," Fury's response got cut off when you felt the small earpiece melt down your ears as you quickly wipe it out. You were now left bare, vulnerable to any eyes that could see inside the room. But you knew not one can ever survive whatever familiar energy this room radiates. There was a huge feeling in your gut that you have encountered it before, and it wasn't impossible. This was the same institution that treated you like a lab rat, made your life a living hell, and you know that they will always make a way.

For years you have kept your identity, working for shield has definitely helped you build a new life, especially being friends with Fury. He made sure that not one person knows about what you have done and your abilities, even helping you take down those who came after you.

You took a deep breath walking forward across the room, where a metal box, made out of the same material this room was made of was situated. The box was slowly disintegrating as the walls of the room, making you realize that whoever tried to control this never saw it getting worse than it already is. The closer you get the more pain coursed throughout your body, it wasn't making you melt and evaporate like anything that entered this room but you weren't exempted from the pain that it caused. And that just made you extremely angry, thinking about how many died for this.

A familiar blue glass cube rested inside the box, you just already knew what it was. Besides, how can you not? You have spent many years with it, forced to play with its power. Until you fought back and lost, then fought back again.

Your blood boiled in anger, fear, and in sorrow. What is so special about this cube that for years people fought wars for it? Blood was spilled for it, the chance for you to have a normal life was sacrificed for it, and it seemed like it wasn't enough. Nothing will ever be enough for these people, and you just couldn't accept it anymore.

"Don't explode, don't explode, don't explode," You mumbled to yourself, bringing back a reminder that you weren't alone in this place. Numerous agents, some of your colleagues, and a certain redhead were upstairs that you wanted alive kept you on your toes. Your breath shakes as you pick the cube up, the blue light it was emitting gradually lighting up the dark room.

Suddenly, loud footsteps approached the room, from the open door you caught sight of a man in a heavily layered suit with no indications of being your ally. You suddenly felt vulnerable for countless reasons.

"I knew you were alive, and clearly you still have it," The familiar voice said as he looks you up and down. Using the cube to cover your under, you sent him a glare. Recognizing the sadistic Russian behind the glass of his suit, you knew this would be your despise. It was a setup, they knew that shield wouldn't have the technology made for this yet and that they would have to send you out to retrieve it.

"You too Vlad, still a child predator ain't you?" Your voice threaten to break but you kept it all together successfully. The years of learning how to fight and protect yourself without using the abilities you have set a reminder of the years of pain they inflicted on you. And how after all these years, and the red on your hands, you were sure they did not feel sorry for you, not even an ounce of guilt.

With that you jogged towards him, throwing kicks and punches he deflected. He tried his luck too, trying to bring you down with different moves but you were taught better, you knew how to avoid his attacks and advances on him. But you knew this wasn't enough, he was twice as big as you and the pain from being exposed to the heat for that long was slowing you down. He kicked the cube from your hand, then proceeded to kick you again this time on your stomach. You fell down the piping hot floor, before you even tried to stand up he took this chance to hit you again, punching you several times on your face and nose before kicking you on the ribs. A drop of blood came out of your nose as you try so hard not to let yourself explode in order to kill him. There's just too much to lose, they don't deserve to be collateral damage, especially her.

"Enough," He shouted at you, his eyes holding the fear he held towards you after being exposed to the enhanced tesseract this long. You could still sense the confidence he had that you will obey him as you did years ago, and that fueled your anger more. "You ungrateful little bitch, I made you, you're mine, so stop-"

You didn't let him finish, sick and tired of being told who you're not. But deep down you just wanted him to stop because you haven't gotten your peace around that, for years you knew this was coming. So, with everything you've got, you swiftly stood up, jumping on him, in a mere second your legs wrapped around his neck suffocating him. He tried to grab you from behind to bring you down but you were far into your mind, determined to end everything there all at once. You forcefully tugged on his helmet, enduring the punches he was throwing on you.

The small button that opens the helmet was just beside the opening beside the zipper, quickly you unlocked it and grabbed it off him exposing his head to the environment. Soon you tear open the thick layers of the suit, there was a certainty that you'll severely injure your hand from the sturdiness of the material but you didn't care, you just wanted this devil to die.

Soon enough he was gasping for air, the inner clothes he was wearing melting above his skin as he cried out in pain. "How does it feel?" You crouched down to him finding your voice too tired to exert a volume above his cries. You didn't realize the tears that were falling from your eyes when you looked at him as his eyes reciprocate your action.

You knew you were being sinister, maybe a bit too evil to enjoy the sight. But, you knew he deserved it more than anything in this world. "What you're feeling, that's not even close to what you made me go through, every single day for four years," He could only just continue to water, as the skin from his toe to his face burns. He attempted to respond but nothing can come out of his melting mouth.

All you wanted was the response he was about to give you, but he couldn't do much in his liquefied state. There were so many words left in you to say to him, you wanted to shout out to him for not being sorry. For not feeling any guilt, that all these years he still claimed you to be his property.

A loud explosion rang throughout the room, for a second you thought it was your doing. You felt the ground above you crumble and shake. The tears flowing out your eyes stopped, you grabbed the cube across the floor and slipped it inside the helmet your abductor had worn earlier. Grabbing a piece of the suit to cover the hole and the other to cover your body. It was enough to cover your lower extremities, but you knew it's better than going out there completely naked. You held the helmet above your chest and used it as a cover-up, leaving your back and inner thighs down to the soles of your feet bare. With hobbling legs you tried to get up but failed, the pain coursing throughout your body disappointing your attempts.

You found yourself like the girl you were once before, escaping the horrors of this facility, dreaming of a place of comfort, peace, of home whilst your body completely gave out and eyes fluttering close.