Chapter Four

Author's Note

Hello, I'm giving you a quick warning! This chapter is incredibly tiring to read, I wrote too much details being so invested into Natasha's feelings and how I imagine her to respond to new environment. If you're not so into heavy details, you can actually skim it and just read the dialouge. That's all, as always please be patient with my writing <3

-June

What gave the Black Widow a fright

She was sitting behind us slumped into the seat, just blankly staring at her hands. Clint looked at me trying to figure what I'm going to do next for her to respond. I walked over to her and gently placed my hands on her shoulder.

"Agent Y/L/N," I said as she finally returned to reality slightly jumping up from my touch. Her hands curled into a ball while she shakes her head. I stepped back giving her space waiting for her to respond.

"I'm sorry," She mumbled under her breath still unable to make eye contact. I walked further away this time making my way to Clint who's already loading more arrows into his quiver but still keeping a close eye on her.

She stood up from her seat while reaching to her earpiece accepting a call from Fury, "What's up," Her voice slightly cracked as she forced herself to pitch a cheery tone. She sauntered further away from us lowering her voice as she spoke with Fury. I occupied myself with preparing our weapons to give her space.

Clint stood up from his seat finally ready to head outside to the Hydra Facility we raided yesterday. The plan is simple, this facility has been cleared out by SHIELD agents we led last night so, it's not gonna be hard getting that object Hydra is using for their experiments from the basement. Me and Clint are just here to accompany Agent Y/L/N in entering that radioactive room and fetching that object.

We both walked steadily side by side towards Agent Y/L/N who's wrapping up her conversation with Fury. She noticed us and gave us a soft smile, "I'm sorry about that,"

"No need to apologize, Agent Y/L/N," Clint said while offering his hands that shows a tracking device. "You'll need this,"

"Thanks," She said, took it, and pinned it just inside her collar.

"I'm going to my position, you guys wait for my signal," Clint announced looking at the both of us as he stood just beside the door, pressing the button that opens it.

Even though the facility is cleared we still have to make sure that no Hydra Agent is there. Some of our agents are assigned on different posts to guard the perimeter but Clint is our very best, his our eyes and that's why he's going somewhere with high ground to overlook the scene. Now I'm left alone with her for some time and for the first time in my life I really don't have any idea what to do. She seems nice to be quite honest, just a bit out of touch and I'm not judging her for it. She's going inside a room, three of our agents just evaporated into and to me, she looks like she's made of human flesh just like those agents. So how will she go inside there and survive?

"Romanoff, keep her talking." Fury suddenly spoke lowly in my earpiece. She was looking outside at the small window, so I took the opportunity to whisper a response to Fury. "What do you mean?"

"You know what I mean, it makes her present, out of her little bubble." Fury retorted, I rolled my eyes at his initiative. Why me, he could've just called her again. I don't know what to talk to her about.

I took a deep breath thinking about thousands of topics I can talk to her about, my fingers fidgeting at my back. In all subjects that I could have opened, I settled with "How's the view?"