Chapter Nine

Can I just stay here, spend the rest of my days here

The faint early morning light passed through the bedroom windows, Natasha leaned on the door frame smiling at how your hair was messed up, admiring how the sunlight landed on your face.

She sauntered towards the side of the bed you were on, sitting at the edge before calling. "Y/N, wake up," She waited for your reaction but got none, her lips forming a grin at the slight crunch of your nose. The snores coming out of it amused the redhead, finding it unconventional for someone so small to snore so loud.

A mischievous grin on her face as she went to grab her headphones on the bedside table, going back to the couch she slept on to snatch her phone. She crept back to the room and placed the headphones in your head so slow as to not wake you up. She sat on the floor to stay hidden yet close enough to sneak on you, finally, she played scary and screaming sound effects through the bluetooth.

A screeching noise coming out of the headphones, gasping loudly you woke up with a jump, throwing the headphones from your head across the room. You could feel Natasha hiding behind the height of the bed holding her chuckles as you frown to hide the tears wanting to burst out of you.

Natasha revealed herself smirking at you controlling her laughter, you fell back to the bed burying your head in your hands. The sobs finally started to come out, Natasha's eyes widened in shock, already feeling guilty for what she had done.

"Shit, I'm so sorry," She said coming closer to you, the guilt washing over her seeing you curled up in a ball shaking. Her arms wrapped around your shoulders as she scooted you closer to her, "I'm here, it's okay,"

You sniffed, hiding the smile under your hands. You wanted to stay closer to her, but you wanted your revenge more, peaking at her with a naughty smile. "SIKE!"

Her lips formed into a frown as she dropped her hold on you, you throw your head back laughing unconsciously clapping your hands. Natasha playfully slapped your legs that were touching hers.

"Stop it!" Her eyebrows furrowed at you, her glare still on her face, "I was worried!"

"Well, you shouldn't have done that in the first place," You said and flopped back down on the bed, she just watched you as your laughter died down. She lied down beside you just looking at the ceiling, cherishing the little moments the two of you could share. The both of you felt safe in each other's company, it didn't make sense. You could literally protect yourself from anyone, and she's the Black Widow, what more is there to explain?

But just being side by side, arms touching, her skin warming your cold ones, and the huge grins plastered across your faces; the room felt safer than any bunker. You could hear Natasha's small chuckles and you turned to face her, welcomed by the random fits of laughter that burst out of her. You laughed at her laughter, and for what seemed like hours it was just both of your random hysterical laughs and gasping for air.

And when it died down you both found each other just admiring one another, you were reminded of the faint freckles across her face that you memorized forever ago, and she was relieved to see the baby hairs scattered along your forehead once again. The thing is these feelings were both new to the both of you, Natasha on occasional times when she let herself wonder what would be her future back then, she taught she'd find someone to love, and she assumed it'd be a man. On the other hand, you've always known you're attracted to women more than you were to men. The countless one-night stands, sleeping around through college that Tony encouraged you to do so; made you believe that maybe love wasn't for you. Because of the numerous women you've been with or slept with if you ever did feel like you were in love, none of them returned the feelings.

After everything that you've endured in your life, now, you were faced to face with this amazing redhead. And you wanted to hold her, so tight she wouldn't slip away. You wanted to kiss her, not only to get her to bed but to tell her that she meant a lot to you more than you think you could ever comprehend. Yet you had this sudden urge to just curl up in a ball and cry because you were mad at yourself to let her willingly break you if she ever decides to. What scared you the most was the thought that maybe she doesn't return the same feelings, that once again it'll only be you again admiring someone and being let down over and over.

But what you didn't realize was, that this cycle is not going to continue anymore. It's going to take a while and a lot of getting used to things. But you'll get there, someone will love you more than what you think you deserve.

Natasha didn't understand what she felt, but with all the things running around her mind all she could ever wonder about is how would it feel to have her lips on yours, your lips on her lips, would it feel like an apocalypse? She wanted to try and test her theory, more than she didn't. You wanted it too because you knew there wouldn't be any words to describe what you felt. You knew that if you felt less for her then maybe you would have more words. Language was your best expertise, being multilingual made you express yourself in many words, but this, the things that the assassin made you feel; made you horribly limited.

Her hands landed on your cheek patting it softly and imitating what you did last night. You smiled, resting your face into her hand, eyes flickering from hers to the curl of her lips. The both of you inched closer, craving for more but still testing the waters. Natasha's gaze landed on your lips before fixing it on your eyes, silently asking you something you couldn't comprehend. Or so you thought because honestly, you were just dumb to admit it.

"Can I-"

A loud ringing coming out of her phone interrupted her, she looked at you and for a split second, you were convinced that she just wanted to steal you, run away, and hide forever where phone calls cannot reach the both of you. She sat up reaching for the phone, getting out of the bed, and walking out of the room before looking at you again like it will be the last time.

When she was out of view, you finally let out the breath you were holding. Clutching your hands to your chest, suddenly longing for her warmth. Until you were reminded of your ignorance, you cringed at the bounded response you gave to her. Your hands landed on your face in regret, you wanted to scream so badly.

Fuck, whoever she was talking to.