Finals I

(Edited)

"Heh! Too bad you won't get a real opponent!"

"At least I get to play with my lil' friend again." The monk chuckled.

"Look how skinny he is. Just give him one good shot!"

"Goku is right, Krillin! You can beat him!"

"D-Don't make fun of me!" Krillin stood up to himself.

As soon as the match started the monk took a left swing at Krillin. Krillin instantly dodged it by leaping into the air, surprising his opponent and the other monk.

"Yeah, Krillin!!!"

Krillin gets serious and kicks straight at his opponent's gut instantly knocking him out of the ring.

"VICTORY TO NUMBER 93!"

Goku and Li cheered for their friend who was still in disbelief of himself.

"We knew you could do it, Krillin!"

"Yeah! See? Thanks to the old timer's training, we've gotten real strong without even knowing it!" Goku laughed as he flexed his arms.

"N-No kidding!"

Later that day... Li, Krillin, and Goku have fought their best and have defeated as much opponents as they could.

Then once again, it was Goku's match.

"UP NEXT: THE MATCH THAT WILL DECIDE THE FIRST OF THREE BLOCK-3 ENTRANCE TO THE FINALS!!"

"You go, Goku!! You better qualify!!!" Krillin cheered.

"Yeah, Goku!!!"

Li felt a tap on her shoulder.

"Huh? Who- Oh! It's you! I remember you!"

"Hey, Li. It seems you've been doing pretty well on your own. Nothing about you has changed."

"You'd be surprised. Nice hair cut."

"Thanks, Li! By the way, I heard there were kids here with strength way out of the proportion to their height, so I thought I'd check and sure enough it was Goku and you."

"Yeah! And also our  friend Krillin."
-------
"BEGIN!"

The fight was rather short. It practically finished right from where it started. The man who look as if he knew years of Martial Arts was easily defeated by Goku, who trained for only a few months.

"NUMBER 70 WILL BE CONTINUING IN THE TOURNAMENT FINALS!!"

They all cheered happily for Goku, and he himself was ecstatic. Krillin and Li held Goku with excitement.

It was Krillin's turn once more to fight.

"Good luck, Krillin! You're gonna win!"

"You can do it, Krillin! We're all going into the strongest-under-the-heavens thing together!"

Krillin nodded and instantly went to his spot.

"Goku, congrats. You qualified for finals."

"Huh? Who are you?"

Yamcha went to his fighting pose making Goku finally recall who he was.

"Do you need me to knock his teeth off for you to recognize him, Goku?"

"Gah! Please don't, Li!"

"I'm only kidding, Yamcha. Heh."

"Yamcha! Long the no see! I don't recognize you because your hair is all different!"