Chapter 2: Yoongi

YOONGI POV

YOONGI POV

Being here in Times Square and performing as the count down to the New Year happens has always been a dream of mine. I still can't believe we're here. If you would have told me this had any possibility of happening, even a year ago, I would have laughed. I guess we all would have.

"Hyung, are you ready to practice?" Namjoon asked. I popped open an eye from my sleeping position and grunted. I wish I could just sleep. I spend many nights working, and when inspiration strikes I have to flush it out. That's why I am usually tired during the day. "Uh oh. Were you up late working again?" he asked.

"Yes, but that's ok. You know me." I said. I think this year I need to make a resolution to do something different for a change. I just don't know what...yet. I walked with Joon into the practice room and the guys were goofing around as usual. "Let's get this over with so that I can take a nap," I said.

"I don't know how you do it," Jin said.

"Sheer will and determination. I don't want to let ARMY down." I said, as we got to work. The rehearsal and the performance went off without a hitch. It was the best time. I was so happy.

But, as always my happiness was short lived.

After the ball dropped and the New Year began, it wasn't long before the announcement was made that the tour was being postponed due to Covid. Luckily the whole thing seemed like it would blow over in a few months.

When we got back to Korea, I started working again. I needed to keep busy during the lull. The album was ready to be released, but I'm working on my mixtape. So, I found myself in the studio again.

Sometimes inspiration strikes and hours go by in what feels like a minute

Sometimes inspiration strikes and hours go by in what feels like a minute. And sometimes, minutes feel like hours.

I got to thinking about my New Year's resolution to do something different. But, what? There was a knock at the door.

"Hyung, you want to get some lunch?" Jimin asked.

"That sounds awesome. Thanks for inviting me." I followed him to the cafeteria. We got some food and found a seat. "Did you make any New Years resolutions?" I asked.