mystery girl

—

At the end of the school day, the girls were quite exhausted from pretending to pay attention in class and running into their old softball coach and having a meaningless one hour conversation with her.

That one hour conversation just so happened to be at the end of the school day, which resulted in them being slightly late in getting to Derek's loft. But at the end of the day, at least they had a good time talking to the woman, right?

Though the boys weren't too happy to find out the reason they took so long to get there, they were happy to know they wouldn't have to go through with this plan alone.

So, standing around one of Derek's few tables, they all listened to Stiles explain what was happening.

"Okay. You see this? This is how they got in. It's a rooftop air conditioning vent. Leads down inside into the wall of the vault, which is here. Okay? One of the robbers was lowered into this shaft Now, that space is so small, it took him about 12 hours to drill into that wall, which is stone, by the way. Then throughout the rest of the night, they siphoned the cash up to the guys back on the roof through that one little shaft in the wall. Boom."

"Can we fit in there?" Scott asked his friend after his long and, most definitely dramatic, explanation.

"Yes, we can, but very, very barely. And they also patched the wall, obviously, so we're gonna need a drill of some kind. I'm thinking maybe a diamond bit-" Stiles is cut off by a very impatient Derek Hale,

"Look, forget the drill." His words caused Stiles to glance at him in confusion,

"Sorry?"

"If I go in first, how much space do i have?" The man elaborated while looking at the younger boy.

"What do you... what do you think you're gonna do, Derek? You gonna punch through the wall?" This question peaked Carter's interest as she looked up from her fingernails to listen in.

"Yes, Stiles, I'm gonna punch through the wall." The Hale man spoke, annoyance oozing from his tone.

Leilani struggled to stifle a smile, leaning to laugh quietly into her friend's shoulder, the Stone girl also chuckling.

"Okay, okay, big guy. Let's see it. Let's see that fist. Big, old fist. Make it, come on. Get it out there. Don't be scared. Big, bad wolf." Stiles gestured for Derek to put up his fist, "Yeah, look at that. Okay, see this? That's maybe 3 inches of room to gather enough force to punch through solid co-" He's cut off by Derek punching his hand.

"He could do it." Stiles whimpered in pain, tightly gripping his hand as he stepped back.

"Hey. Watch it." Carter muttered angrily at Derek. She ignored the shocked looks she got from everyone in the room walking towards Stiles, gently grabbing his hand and pulling him off to the side.

Stiles watched as her eyes soften once she took his hand in her own.

He sees his hand get wrapped in a violet ring, wisps flying around the area before all the pain is suddenly gone.

The Stilinski teen smiled softly at the girl who seemed to be a lot more calm around him. He didn't understand what it was and neither did she, but neither of the two seemed to mind.

The duo could overhear Peter beginning to speak and their eyes immediately roll in unison.

"Do I have to remind you what we're up against here? A pack of alphas. All of them, killers. And if that's not enough to scare your testicles back into your stomach, try to remember that two of them combine bodies to form one giant Alpha. I'm sure Erica and Boyd were sweet kids. They're gonna be missed." The blue eyed man rambled with no sympathy for the dead.

"Jesus." Leilani muttered, rubbing her hands over her face.

"Could someone kill him again, please?" Stiles asked, Carter's hand in his own as they walked back to the table, clearing his throat as she removed her hand to place them on the wood in front of her.

The question was definitely rhetorical but the others couldn't help but silently agree.

"Derek, seriously? Not worth the risk." Peter continued, completely ignoring what Stiles said.

"What about you?" Derek asked, looking towards the two younger werewolves.

"Yeah, if you want me to come-" Stiles started to speak,

"Not you." "Absolutely not." "Not a chance." Derek, Carter, and Leilani cut him off simultaneously.

Though he seemed a little offended, he agreed they weren't talking to him and backed away a little.

"I'll go. But if i have to defend myself, i will. No matter who gets hurt in the process." Leilani shrugged, her eyes narrowed in specifically on Derek.

Though she knew the man would feel some type of way about his beta's getting killed by Leilani for defending herself, she knew he'd understand. Which made her want to backtrack her statement and focus more on Scott, who seemed to be immune to doing literally anything to help oneself.

"I don't know about Erica. But if Boyd's still alive, we have to do something. We have to try." Scott said.

"But?" Derek trailed off, already knowing he wasn't finished.

"Who's the other girl? The one locked in there with Boyd?" Scott's question lingered in the air as everyone tries to think about who this mysterious female could be.

Unknown to them, this one girl was about to answer so many questions they hadn't even thought of yet.

A/N: kind of crazy of me to completely discard the og book 😔 merry christmas tho 🫶🏾