001.

—𝐈 𝐖𝐎𝐊𝐄 𝐔𝐏, Rubbing my eyes and yawing softly.  "It's 6:00, why am I awake so early.." I said to myself, i look over my shoulder seeing my 8 year old son Megumi laying down on my bed. Mouth open, with his favorite stuffed animal. I chuckled to myself, getting up and heading down to the kitchen. I realized I left my phone downstairs on the counter, I opened my text messages seeing texts from suki and satoru. Suki and Satoru been together for at least a year now, They have 2 kids and still haven't married. I always wondered how Satoru puts up Suki's ass, I mean don't get me wrong. Suki has been my friend since forever, and always been the type of person to cheer me up and babysit megumi for me when I'm busy with work. I work at 3 night clubs, nothing serious I just make sure everything's in order and stable. I look at my phone, seeing suki telling me about this woman she thinks is good for me. Of course, I decline and laugh to myself at her attempt to try hooking me up. I wanted to date don't get me wrong, but something felt off about it. Every time I always thought about it, It always gave me the same thoughts. Would megumi like her? Would she make me happy? Would she be willing to make me feel happy again? Thoughts and thoughts kept running around in my mind when all of the sudden I heard a big thud from my bedroom, I immediately knew what it was. 

I rushed up to my bedroom, seeing little Megumi on the floor. He must've fallen off the bed, my bed was big and tall after all. He was holding his head, holding back tears as they slowly streamed down his face. "You hit your head? Let me kiss it better, yeah?" He shook his head as I said those words, I picked him up in my arms rubbing his back softly and kissed the top of his head. He started to wipe his tears, mumbling to himself.  "What was that?" I asked. "I wasn't crying dad.." he said, burying his head into my chest. I chuckled to myself, bringing him downstairs for breakfast. 

I put him in his high chair, grabbing his favorite bowl with a tiger on it and then feeding him some waffles I've cut up into pieces. I heard a knock on my door, I put the bowl down on the counter while walking towards the door and opening it, seeing a woman in front of me. She was wearing a tight white tank top, grey sweatpants with her hair down. She had black eyes, dirty blonde hair and was around 5'4.  "Can I help you miss?" I asked,  she smiled softly and said.  "Hi! So sorry for bothering you so early but, can you help me with shower head in my bathroom? The mechanic I've called had a issue so he couldn't get to it." She said.  I analyzed her a little more, She was a very beautiful woman. She looked around 21, 22-ish and looked so young. I figured she was in college or something so I didn't look to hard since I was older than her.  "Ah, Your shower head? I could easily fix it, lead the way." I said, but I remembered I couldn't leave megumi alone in the house.   "Oh um Excuse me miss, I hope it isn't a bother but. Can you maybe watch my son while I go fix your shower head? It's just, I don't wanna leave him alone ya know?"  She smiled again, looking into the house seeing megumi in his high chair still peacefully eating his food.  "Of course, my front door is right open! The bathroom is upstairs to your right, after your done please make sure you close the door behind you." I shook my head and look back at megumi.  "Megumi, I'm gonna be right back okay? Ms..- What's your name miss?" I asked.   "Mayumi." She said softly.  Ms Mayumi will be looking after you okay?  He shook his head and looked up at the woman who walked in the door.