004.

𝐈 𝐅𝐄𝐋𝐓 𝐕𝐈𝐁𝐑𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍 𝐆𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐆𝐇 𝐌𝐘 𝐁𝐎𝐃𝐘— as i was brought back to reality when I finally woke up from my slumber, my body was stiff a little and my back was killing me.                   "Fuck..-" i said, sitting up from my bed and struggling but achieved getting up from my bed and proceeded to walk downstairs to only find my 8 year old son megumi, sitting On the couch playing with his toy cars. I'll admit, i did spoil him a lot but only because i wanted him to have a sorta good childhood while it lasts. Satisfying him was difficult at times if he cooperated, but other times he was happy. Anytime i saw him smile or just the tiniest noticeable smile on his lips, i knew i did a good job.  "Hey kiddo, why are you up so early hm?" I asked, only to be responded with him pointing to the tv showing me his favorite cartoon show being played. I was about to walk to the kitchen when i hear a sudden knock at the door. I sigh and walk to door, wondering who can be knocking at the door at such a early time.  I open the door, seeing her. My neighbor, standing at my doorstep. With a dress on and her hair tied in a low bun, she looked so sophisticated.

 "So sorry to bother but, do you have any coffee? My local coffee shop is fucking closed and my shift starts in 40 minutes. I know this is strange to ask considering we just met yesterday but, can you make me a cup of coffee?" She asked. I never had a neighbor ask to make coffee, but for her i did as exactly as she asked while inviting her in.  "Sorry for the mess—" i said before she cut me off.  "No no, it's fine. My house is the same in the mornings believe or not, so I don't blame you-" she said, while standing near me.  She smelled like strawberries and flowers, she looked like she worked at a business establishment of some sort.  "So, where do work at?" I asked, while pouring her coffee in a cup.  "Hm? I work at the local high school a couple miles away from here, you know jujutsu high?" She said. Taking the cup from the counter i sat it on, and started to drink it.  "Ah yeah, i know where you're talking about. I know a friend who's husband used to work there."  I said, turning around to face her while leaning on the counter.  She finished her coffee while placing the cup on the table and fixing her skirt.  "Well, thank you so much for coffee toji! I really appreciate it." I know it's early in the morning but thank you.  —  "no problem, anything to help a neighbor out!" I said, while giving her a small smile.  

𝙈𝘼𝙔𝙐𝙈𝙄'𝙎 𝙋𝙊𝙑. 

His smile was the best thing I've seen all day, it was small sure but still so cute and surprising to see him smile. I could look at it for hours and hours, I couldn't contain smiling back all cheesy and shit but I couldn't blame myself.  After i said my goodbyes, I walked out to my car and went in.

"If only he knew— how he made me feel."