𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 - 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐎𝐎𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐑

"And we were right outside like this," JJ explained to the Kiara and Pope when the three got back. "And all we hear is just 'Bam! Bam! Bam!'. Knocking paint off the wall, G! From the inside. Alright? And I'm just looking at him, like -- Wait, first off, look at this shit." JJ shook his hair out.

"That's dandruff, disgusting," Kiara said.

"Look at all that. All right? That's paint. At that point, I was just, like... waiting for death."

"Oh, okay, so you saw that guys that shot at us, right?" Pope asked.

"Yeah."

"Did you get a good description of them? What did they look like? Anything we can bring to a police report?"

"Burly," JJ said.

"Burly?" Pope repeated.

"Yeah. You know, like--"

"That's not very helpful," Kie said.

"Okay, well, no, like the type of guy who works at my dads garage. I mean, you guys know he made cargo hides for drug smugglers," JJ explained.

"Yeah. Yes. No, we know."

"I can tell you with full confidence, these boys, these killers... they're square groupers."

"They're square groupers? Like narco square groupers?" Pope asked. "Like Pablo Escobar square groupers?"

"Yeah, man."

"You guys, not everything is a kingpin movie," Kie told them.

"What does this square grouper look like? Specifically."

"You weren't there."

"You don't know what to look for!"

"Dude! I wasn't taking little mental polaroids the entire time. I was under duress, okay?" JJ shouted. "But I can tell you... I can tell you by the way Ms Lana was screaming... that these guys are serious, serious hombres, man. It's a heavy vibe right now, okay?"

"Why do they want the compass?" Kie asked.

"It's piece of shit," Pope added. "You couldn't pawn it off for 5 bucks if you wanted to."

"The office," John B said suddenly.

"What?" Willow finally spoke, her voice rough.

"My dad. My dads office. He always kept the office locked because he was worried about his competitors stealing his Royal Merchant research. We used to laugh at him like he was going to find it. But now that he's gone, I've just kinda... I just left it as he kept it."

"Yeah, for when he gets back," Willow said. John B pulled out a key and took the lock off the door.

"I've slept over here like 600 times, and I've never seen this door opened," Pope said as they entered the room.

"Here, look," John B said, placing a small bulletin board down in front of them. "This is the original owner, right here."

"Okay. Robert Q. Routledge, 1880 to 1920," Kie read. "There's the lucky compass right there."

"Actually, um... he was shot after he bought it. Then the compass was shipped back to Henry. he was killed in a crop dusting accident when he had the compass. After he died, the compass was given to Stephen. Stephen had the compass with him when he died in Vietnam."

"Let me guess, he died in action, right?" JJ asked.

"Sort of. Uh, a-actually, he was killed by a banana truck. In country. Anyways, after that, Stephen passed the compass down to him, my dad."