• Uncomfortable •

Layla's POV

We were now sitting in our appointed cars but didn't leave the premises as Spencer was not here yet.

"Why's that guy so fucking late," I mumbled to myself irritated for waiting for him.

Sinn sat in the front seat to mine and a man sat next to him. The man was saying something to him but stopped briefly and looked towards me at the back as I realized I didn't say that just to myself.

"Check where they are," Sinn said to the guy and he looked at Sinn and nodded while getting out of the car.

I stretched my legs in front of me, feeling sick of being in this limited space already. I was so busy stretching my legs that they hit the back of Sinn's seat.

I stopped midway and looked in front of me. Because of his large figure and his tall height I could see most of his face. He glanced at me sideways, his hair falling over his eyes, making me hold in my breath but just then Spencer and Francis came in as he slide the car door and scanned the car before he found an empty seat that was next to me.

He smirked as he got in and made himself comfortable next to me. His closeness made me uncomfortable as I tried to scoot over and make as much distance between us as possible. Francis, however, sat behind us which was the last seat, and put on earphones shutting his eyes.

The guy with Sinn sat in his previous seat which was beside him and just as the door closed the car sped off.

We were just 10 minutes into the car ride when I felt someone touch my hand. I got alerted as it could only be one person. I glared at him and he shrugged. "Sorry, my hand must've slipped. The car's shaking too much, I have no control over it."

I got annoyed by his stupid excuse and felt Sinn's eyes over me. "If you have no control over them may be cut them off?" I mocked, rolling my eyes as I tried not to do it myself with the dagger by my side.

"My, why are you getting mad Doll? The ride has just started we have a long way ahead of us." He joked and I internally cringed at the doll he used for me.

I'm already done with his bullshit.

"Just do me a favor and stay away from me for the whole ride," I said as I shut my eyes and tried to rest before the busy schedule ahead of us.

Spencer laughed, his laugh held a sinister edge to it which made goosebumps erupt in my body. "Well I could do that but you see we're sitting beside each other we should have a little fun and not bore each other shouldn't we?"

I sighed, "Cut the crap and mind your own business." I heard a snort from behind me which supposedly was from Francis. Spencer turned around from his seat and glared at him. I shut my eyes once again, folding my hands across my chest as a smile was on my face.

The next couple of moments went by in peace as Spencer didn't bug me. Sinn and the other guy beside him were talking about something but it was not loud enough for me to hear and I wasn't interested in it so it's fine.

I looked out the window on my side, the trees passing by us in a rush making it hard for me to focus on them as I continued staring at nothing and my thoughts took me back to wondering about my father.

I don't know but he intruded into my thoughts when he is the last person on this earth I want to think about right now. He's the one who made my life hard and why I'm currently in this car going on a mission from the mafia.

If he didn't make all of our lives complicated I would've been happy with my mother in our house and maybe him as well.

We would've been a happy family but he didn't want that. He wanted to ruin everything by joining hands with the mafia and working for them. If only he cared only an ounce for my mother and me, I would've happily lived with him.

If only he showed a little bit of affection for us and treated us the way we deserved, my mother wouldn't have to force me to run away from home far away from him and his complicated lifestyle.

But I have to get my mom away from him as soon as possible.

My thoughts are interrupted as I once again feel a hand but this time on my thighs.

An: I'll be updating more often so stay tuned :)