• Suffer •

Layla's POV

The last few weeks went by like any other day.

Everyone was busy and I didn't encounter Sinn. He might be crazy busy or just avoiding me. Or both

Though I only had a glance or two of him while he would be walking by. He would just glance at me and look away. Anyways, it's best that we both avoid each other.

I on the other hand spent my day like I always do, did some practice, and hung out with Mattheo and Luca.

However, I couldn't hang out with the two of them for long cause they had their own work to do.

I have a meeting with Leo cause the day of my mission is getting closer. It's been more than a month now and I'll finally have to encounter Seth.

I checked and it was almost time for the meeting to begin. I walked into the room where we always held the meetings and they were all already there. Including Sinn.

He stood with the other two and had his arms crossed with a pissed-off look on his face. I tried ignoring him and minded my own business not sparing him another glance and went to sit beside Theo.

Theo looked up at me and gave me a thumbs-up when I sat beside him and I nodded back at him.

"So Layla, we have some news for you. You'll go out on your mission the day after tomorrow." Leo told me and I nodded my head.

"Okay," I replied cause it was almost time I went on it.

"Be careful and if there's a problem, remember, we have your back." He told me cause the rest we had already discussed. It's mostly on me however I want to deal with Seth and through him make known the details of his brother Charlie.

And what he meant by them having my back, is if I have a problem, I just need to alert them.

"Got it, so the day after tomorrow, the 5th?" I confirmed with him once again and he nodded his head in confirmation.

Why do I feel like there's something important on the 5th that I'm forgetting?

"Layla!" Mattheo called out my name almost giving me a heart attack as if he remembered something and looked at me with wide eyes.

"What?" I asked him with irritation yet curiosity.

"It's your birthday that day."
Oh yes. How could I forget that? The day I ran away from my home. I don't like celebrating it but Mattheo and Suzi would arrange a little something for me.

"Yeah, whatever. Just another year I'm closer to my death." I don't see birthday's as worth celebrating. Why would I celebrate a day where one more year is added till I grow old and die? I don't see a point.

It's something my father taught me and I couldn't seem to let go of his views on this one cause I agree with him no matter how much I hate him.

I stood up and left the room without another word or letting either of them say anything to me.

I wanted to stay alone till I return from this mission.

_______________

It was the next day and I have 24 hours left till I start on my mission.

Everyone's rather busy today so I have no one to keep me company and I have no problem with that. I'd like to have this day by myself and clear my thoughts.

Tomorrow, I'll finish everything with Seth which I couldn't do before cause I never really encountered him after I found out he was helping my father and playing with my feelings.

And then soon, I left my home and started helping Jasper with his gang and now I'm here with the Three Devils and then stuff with Sinn happened, which I have stopped but the feelings, I have yet to put an end to them.

I spent the whole day training so that I could spend time and not think about stupid stuff.

I punched one last punch on the punching bag and huffed as I didn't notice, it's been hours since I was practicing on the punching bag. More like taking out my frustration on it.

It did ease me for a moment though, but now I'm out of breath and my muscles ache. I'll call it a day for now.

I went back to my room and took a shower. After I changed into a new pair of hoodies, I decided to go out for some fresh air.

I made my way out of my room and went down the stairs.

I walked out the gates of the mansion and saw a tall figure already leaning on one of the pillars out the gate.

When I neared them I recognized them as they belonged to Leo. He turned his head a bit and said, "Couldn't sleep?"

I went to stand beside him and he had his hands in his pockets as he seemed to be lost in his thoughts before I interrupted him.

"Sorry to intrude, you seemed caught up in your thoughts," I told him and stared at the moon in its full form but it seemed a bit dull to me. I guess it's just me cause I've not been in my best mood the past month.

"No, you didn't. I guess you like to come out here before you go out on a mission. I remember catching you here before the Astor's mission."

He recalled about that day when I was out here admiring the moon and trying to calm my thoughts and it's exactly why I'm here today too. To calm me down.

"Yeah, I remember," I told him as I rested my back against one of the other pillars.

"You must also remember what we talked about." He glanced my way and I sighed.

Cause I did. He told me how Sinn had changed since I came here and to go have sweet dreams about him. At that time my feelings for Sinn had planted their seed in me. And now I want to get rid of it.

"I don't know what happened but I sensed the tension between you two. It's not my place to interfere but I'll just tell you one thing," Leo turned to face me and stepped towards me as he put a reassuring hand on my shoulder.

"He has his reasons."

And then Leo walked away through the huge entrance gates but I still stayed behind and kept staring at the moon.

I don't know what reasons he's implying but he said himself, he doesn't know what happened which means the reasons Leo's talking about are clear. That Sinn just regrets what happened.

If Leo knew the whole thing about what happened with us two, he'd agree with me. That Sinn regrets and now hates me so that he won't even spare me a look.

In the last month that passed, we didn't talk once. The last interaction I had was when he stopped me from slamming against the wall.

After that, if I saw him walking by, he'd just continue walking without a look. If he did glance at me, it only lasted for a second. It feels like he despises me so much that he can't fathom looking at me for more than a second.

And even though I hate to admit it but if I'm being utterly honest, it hurts me whenever we walk past each other. Seeing him not being able to even look at me makes me want to not ever appear in front of his eyes.

I don't want to make him suffer because of my existence.

And I sure do want to stop making myself feel miserable and focus on what I'm here for.

I pulled my phone out from my pocket and unblocked Seth's number and typed him a message.

Meet me in the club tomorrow at 7. I want to talk.
I sent him the location of the club and before I could close my phone he replied;

I've been wanting to talk to you too, I'll be there Lay.

I read the message and closed my phone placing it back in my pocket and crossed my arms as I let out a breath.

Don't you worry Sinn, a few more hours from now and I won't appear in front of you for a while.