02: Someone Take Me Home

Ophelia looked around the cave before she took a seat on the fountain

Ophelia looked around the cave before she took a seat on the fountain. Soon after Paul took a seat next to her.

"I know it's not a home but it's our home". Paul bumped her shoulder playfully.

"A home isn't a place. It's the people". Ophelia told him.

"Seems like you know".

Ophelia let out a short laugh then a sigh. "More like a wanting. I never had a home. I went from foster home to foster home until I was eighteen". She told him as Marko jumped down, taking a seat on the other side of her.

"No one adopted you?  Why?"  Marko asked and she only shook her head before standing up.

Ophelia only stared at Marko. There was no way in hell she was going to tell him. She just met him, you don't tell a stranger, even if they saved your life everything about you. Especially if it was the hardest part in your life.

Marko took the silence and stare as an answer that he wasn't going to get an answer. So he only gave her a nod.

David was suddenly in front of her.  Looking at her with anger.  Ophelia felt sick in her stomach.  She was afraid of David.  When Marko told her David was secretly huggable she had to disagree.

"Who's blood did you drink?"  David asked.

At that question Paul immediately got up and walked away, mumbling under his breath that he needed to get high.  Marko wanted to argue with David but he knew that would be a bad idea, he stayed where he was.

"I already told you.  I.  Don't.  Know." Ophelia said the last three words slowly.

David just shook his head slowly, a wicked grin slowly making its way across his lips along with a dark chuckle.

"Lying I see".  David told her.

"I'm not lying".  Ophelia was now getting irritated.  "I didn't even want this in the first place.  Why would I lie?"  She questioned him.

David didn't say anything. He just looked at her with the same angry look. Ophelia who was getting annoyed but also still fearing for her life looked to Marko then back to David.

"I can't remember. Whenever I try and think it's...it's just gone. Blank". That was the best she could do to explain it. She was done for the night. She didn't want to be around David anymore. Ophelia looked to Marko once more.

"I'm pretty tired.  Is there somewhere I can lay down?"  She asked.

"Yeah.  Yeah.  There's a bed over there".  Marko pointed to her and she made her way over. David growled before walking away as well.

Marko moved slightly as Paul plopped down where Ophelia once was, a joint between his lips.  "Do you find it weird she doesn't remember who gave her the blood?  All of us remember how we drank it".  Marko asked as he looked to Paul.