04: Carousel Beauty

Summer of 1970

Summer of 1970

A year had passed and David still didn't like Ophelia. It was obvious. Everyone knew it. He didn't talk to her, well, the only time he did talk to her was always direct or questions.

Where are you going?

Don't do that.

Quiet.

All she wanted was for him to like her. She couldn't even get a smile out of him.

Even though it's only been a year she felt that they were close friends to her. Ophelia believed that it was the vampire bond. She still didn't know much about them however and they still didn't know her.

They were all quite reserved with one another.  Well, until it came with Marko.  He basically was a close friend to her. He knew how she didn't like to do anything at the Boardwalk so he always went with her and walked around, even went on some of the rides or played the carnival games.

Paul would join them once in awhile. He mostly was there to ride the rides and steal food from Ophelia.

Dwayne usually stuck by David but sometimes he would walk around with her. She would get one or two words out of him, but he was mostly quiet and just followed her around.

"Ready? Ready? Ready? Watch this. Let's go. I got this". Marko kept saying as he held a ball in his hand, getting ready to throw it at the pins on the other side.

"Hurry up before another decade goes by". Paul stood a few feet away from him, his arms crossed over his chest as he stood next to Ophelia.

Marko gave Paul a look and then concentrated before he threw the ball, using his vampire strength.

He missed.

The ball hit the wall and flew back, hitting Marko in the chest. He groaned in pain, clutching his chest while bending over. Paul and Ophelia burst out laughing while Marko continued to groan in pain.

"Not funny". Marko looked over at them.

"You're right. It's hilarious!" Ophelia said, laughing once more along with Paul.

"Whatever.  I quit".  Marko waved them off and then started to walk away.

"Where are you going?"  Paul called to him.

"Away from you two".

"Fine. Guess I'll just have to go on the carousel all alone".  Ophelia sighed loudly, making Marko stop and look at her with sad eyes.

"But you said we would go on it together".  He pointed out and she 'sighed' again.

"But you said-"

"Forget what I said." Marko interrupted her before grabbing her hand and starting to pull her in the direction of the carousel.