Chapter 1

Y/n's POV:

„Y/n get up it's almost noon your father's going to be home any minute” my mother said as she walked into my room opening the blinds. „Ay mamá close them it's too bright” I told her while covering my eyes from the sudden bright light that was coming from the window of my room. „I'm sorry mija, but you know how your father is” mom said as she walked out.
Well, I guess I should get up and change before he gets home. I really don't want to argue with him today.

Ever since my last incident in the town we used to live in, my father has not been the same towards me. The thing is I was born with a gift to control fire. I have learned to control it over the years but, when I was younger I had a very bad outburst that set half of the town on fire. After that we got evicted and had to move away to keep my ”curse” as my father would call it a secret.

I quickly put on the first dress I found and did my hair. Nothing too special just clipped the front pieces of my hair back and that was it. As I was going downstairs I heard the front door open notifying me that my father came home for a lunch break. As I approached the front door I saw he was taking his shoes off before he hugged my mom. „Hola mi amor, how are you doing?” he asked my mom while looking at her with loving eyes before pulling away from the hug.

„I'm doing fine querido, how is work going so far?” my mom asked while smiling „It's going good, Luisa carried over the material this morning and we started building the house” my father replied and my mom just hummed to that. „Hola papá” I said trying to welcome him, but when he looked at me his facial expression changed from loving to stone cold. „Buenas tardes” he said with a cold voice before walking right past me. That's it I have had enough.

„Really? Just a maldito 'Buenos tardes'? No hola, how are you or how was your day? What is your problem with me?” I asked him wanting to get answers. „You really want to know what my problem with you is? Maybe it's because you're a freak or maybe it's because you're the reason we had to move hundreds of miles away just because of that curse you call a gift. Dios, I should have gotten rid of you the moment I had the chance to” he said right back, but I'm not going to let him get away that easily.

„Oh really? That's the reason you have been ignoring me for the past eight years and acted like I'm some piece of dirt” I fired back „And it would be easier if you weren't always jumping on my back” he said raising his voice slightly „Por el amor de Dios I'm your daughter, I'm your blood what did you expect” I could feel anger starting to bubble up inside me. It wouldn't be a bad thing if it weren't for my gift. „No, you are not. My daughter wouldn't have been a monster like you” „Yes I am whether you like it or not I'm your da-”

„You are no daughter of mine! Dios I should have left the moment I found out there was something wrong with you! You are just one big mistake that I made all those years ago that I have to carry on my shoulders for the rest of my life! I never wanted a daughter anyway, you're just a waste of space!”

Damn did he really think that? I could feel myself getting angrier and my hands were getting warmer by the second. I have to get out of here I don't want to have another incident like all those years ago. I looked at Y/d/n one last time before heading to the door ready to get out. „Mamá, I'm going out I don't know when I'll be back so don't wait for me” with that I started heading to the only place in town where I can use my powers without someone seeing.

A/n: Hey guys. This was the first chapter of the story. I hope it wasn't too boring but I wanted to tell you a little bit about Y/n's backstory and why they moved to Encanto before we get into the story. I hope you liked it and the next part will be up soon.