𝗼 𝗻 𝗲

vati  = daddy or dad

schatz = sweetheart

meine kleine prinzessin = my little princess

"Vati Vati wake up, it's my first day of second grade, we have to get ready." LuLu screamed in my ear.

"LuLu schatz it can't be time for school." I yawned

"Yes Vati it is. Look, it is six ummm thirty."

"You have got to be kidding me right now."

"No i'm not kidding Vati why would I be doing that. She said with an annoyed face."

I think that I should have said that inside my head. I thought to myself.

I got out of bed and scooped my beautiful daughter up into my arms.

Well it seems like it's time for THE FIRST DAY BACK BREAKFAST. I yelled.

LuLu covered her ears. "Vati there is no need to yell."

"Oh i'm sorry LuLu" I frowned.

IT'S TIME FOR THE FIRST DAY BACK BREAKFAST. I whisper- yelled.

"How was that?"

"Much better Vati ." Lu Lu grinned.

We went down the stairs and walked into the kitchen.

𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄 𝐒𝐊𝐈𝐏

So Vati, what are you doing today? LuLu asked as she snarfed down her blueberry pancakes.

Well I'm going to go school with you so I can meet your teacher. I'll leave your school and go to work and then come back to school and pick you up so we can go to Grandma's house for dinner.

"We're going to Grandma's house??!!" Lu Lu screeched.

"Yes we are. She just came back from Germany and she can't wait to see you."

"Yes!! When Grandma comes home from Germany she always brings the best food."

"Is food all you are worried about?"

"That sounds about right." She said with a mouthful of food.

"Hurry up. We have to get dressed for the day." I said as I started to pack the dishwasher.

LuLu jumped down from her seat and raced upstairs. I finished packing the dishwasher and walked upstairs to join my daughter in her room.

"So Vati what should I wear today." I think that you should wear your blue dress with butterflies on it and a pair of leggings. Does that sound good?" I said as I walked into her closet.

"Oh yes yes yes. That is a perfect first day shirt." She squealed.

"Great, put it on and come down the stairs. I have a surprise for you."

"A SURPRISE!!!!! Really Vati really!!!"

"Yes meine kleine prinzessin. A surprise that you will get when you get dressed."

I walked into my room to get dressed. I chose a black and gray suit, took a shower, and then changed my clothes.

When I got downstairs LuLu was in the living room watching Encanto.

"Schatz, haven't you already watched this movie a million times? I know that it's an amazing movie but why are we watching it again?"

"Vati this is one of the best movies of all time right after The Beauty and the Beast, Hercules, and The Princess and The Frog. "

"I completely agree meine kleine prinzessin, but are you ready for your surprise?"

"Yes yes I am. What is Vati please tell me?" She begged.

"If I told you that would ruin the surprise now wouldn't it? Close your eyes please." I chucked

"Okay okay I'm sorry." She closed her eyes.

I went into the garage, dropped the box and set it in front of LuLu.

"You can open your eyes now."

" Oh Vati, I love it. It's a box ?

"No silly goose. Your gift is in the box." I laughed

"Oh silly me." She opened the box and a dalmatian puppy sprang out.

"OMG. YOU GOT ME A DOG. She screamed

"Her name is Annie. You have shown me that you are responsible enough to get a dog so I got you one. Do you like her?"

"Do I like her? I LOVE HER!!! She is the cutest thing ever. 

"Oh Vati, she is beautiful. Thanks to the moon and back." She jumped into my arms.

"Vati I love you so much it hurts."

"I love you too meine kleine prinzessin. I would love to stay here with you all day but you have to get to school and I have to get to work. So let's get moving."

"But what are we going to do with Annie?" She leaped from my arms and ran to Annie.

"She is coming with us. We can't leave her here by herself. When I leave your school she will go to doggy daycare. When I pick you up then we will go get her on the way to Oma's house."

"Okay let me get my bookbag and lunch bag and then I'll meet you in the car." She said as she ran to get her things.

I picked up Annie and walked to my car. It was a 2017 Tesla Model X with butterfly doors.

The night before I had gotten Annie a seat so that she didn't pee on my seats.

I got in and turned it on. A few moments later LuLu came out of the house and into the car.

"Did you lock the door?"

"Yes and I turned the alarm on." She said as she fastened her seat belt.

"I'm buckled Vati."

"Okay then school here we come."

𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄 𝐒𝐊𝐈𝐏

"Vati follow me. I know where my classroom is." LuLu said excitedly.

"Lead the way, schatz."

She walked down the hall and into a room with stars decorating the door frame.

"Hello Miss. Scorza. How was your summer?"

"Oh LuLu, I didn't see you there. My summer was amazing." A velvety voice rang out.

I turned around and found the person the voice belonged to. She was gorgeous with burnt sienna eyes and deep russet skin.

"Miss. Scorza this is my Vati. Vati this is Miss. Scorza."

"Hello Mr. Vos. I'm Miss. Scorza. How do you do?" She said with a smile that showed all of her straight pearly white teeth.

"I'm well and you?"

"I am, thank you very much." She smiled again

"Vati isn't she gorgeous. She looks just like Tiana." LuLu beamed

"Yes she is. Very much so." I smirked. 

word count: 1,056

the first chap is up. i am so excited to continue to writing this book. drink water, wear your mask, and stay safe. i love ya'll <33