2

She stretched, her bones snapping into place.

Being on a 10 hour plus flight was not something to be done.

She made her way out of the private airplane owned by her family; well more specifically her parents.

Descending the stair case she frowned, taking in a whiff of the air.

Disgusting. Mutts everywhere.

She shook it off and tried to smile, more of a grimace any way at her family butler who was at the bottom of the flight of stairs.

"You look like a hungry mutt", he said bluntly, staring up at the girl he'd been serving for years now.

She rolled her eyes and replied, "Shut it Wilson".

Wilson shrugged and turned to welcome the rest of the family as they descended from the airplane.

She scanned her surroundings, trying to ignore the unpleasant and overwhelming scent of Werewolves.

She spotted another private plane quite far away from her family's. Some sort of black SUVs had lined up not so far from the plane as a red carpet had been laid from the entrance of the plane up to the doors of the first SUV. Men had lined up along the red carpet, watching about 2...no 3 figures do something.

Weird.

Shrugging, she turned to ask Wilson who those people were.

"I don't know. I could care less anyway. Prolly some rich family of mutts", he said, faking a gag with a roll of his eyes.

She chuckled, shaking her head.

A rich family of mutts huh? So extra.

For some weird reason, she couldn't keep her eyes off them. She stared, trying her best to see the faces of the mutts who were hogging the airport.

She couldn't. They were too far.

Why am I interested in a couple of dogs anyway?

With that she took her gaze off them, now without noticing one had silver hair. Completely silver hair.

She cocked an eyebrow.

Silver?

Meh, she could care less. As if on cue, a long line of F150s made their way to where her family's airplane had stopped.

Finally.

Hopping into one of them and waiting for her brother to join her. As soon as he did, she latched onto him arm firing questions.

"Who are those people?"

"Why are they so many?"

He looked at his usually hostile little sister, latched onto his arm eyes completely shining with interest...about Werewolves?

His mind was racing with answers.

"Errr...some sort of gang? Or cult or something?", he answered unsurely, raising his hands in confusion.

She narrowed her eyes at her brother.

"You're hopeless, Reign", she said, glaring playfully at her brother who just shrugged it off.

Why on Earth is she so interested in the Werewolves?

Reign shook his head at his sister who was currently looking through the window, trying to get a good view of the Werewolves.

~▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎~

"The result of the autopsies are in".

"And?"

"There was no vampire venom. Not a single trace in any of the bodies".

The King of the Werewolves, Theodore De Wynters looked up at his Royal Beta in question.

No vampire venom?

How possible?

His Beta, as if reading his King's mind answered.

"The Vampires usually leave their venom in whatever living thing they kill. But with the pups there was nothing. Not even bitemarks".

The King's eyes widened slightly, his facial expression still void of emotion.

Since when did vampires not leave bite marks?

Investigations led by the Royal Pack, the King's Pack showed that the Vampires were present at the kindergarten. Their scent strongly filled the place.

So how then, were there no bitemarks and venom?

The King shut his eyes for a moment, taking a deep breath.

"What do you think?", he asked the opinion of his Beta.

Taking a deep breath, he replied.

"I'm not sure what to think. Leaving no trace but scent is so unlike the Vampires. But they're the only ones capable of doing this. We're on good terms with all the other species".

The King nodded as his Beta spoke, thinking of whatever his Beta was saying.

"The Faes".

The Beta looked at his King, raising an eyebrow in question.

"Pardon?", he asked unsurely.

The King took a deep breath.

"We're not on good terms with the Vampires and the Faes", he explained, rubbing his hand over his face, exasperated.

It dawned on the Beta.

Oh no.

~▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎~

"Tell me again why Father decided to throw a ball for all Supernaturals?", Reid whined to his Grandfather as they rode to the Palace.

The old man shrugged, taking a long gulp of the water.

Swallowing, he answered," My guess is he's probably trying to bring most of the Supernaturals together".

The wheels in Reid's mind turned, searching for a possible reason why his father would do that.

"So that includes the Vampires?", Reid asked with distaste.

His Grandfather nodded.

As if on cue Landon's  head whipped in his Grandfather's direction so fast there was a sickening crack sound.

Reid's heart rate quickened as he realised they should have never had this conversation with his brother right next to them.

He cast a forlorn look at his Grandfather who mirrored his expression.

There was a sudden shift in the atmosphere as Landon's deep blue eyes flashed to a shiny gold and back to deep blue again.