6

Reina.

I didn't bother looking at my surroundings.

Reign was engaged in a conversation with the oldest Emir, Jay as we headed into the dining area of the Palace.

I was walking with Jay's younger brother, Braylon who was chatting away.

I wasn't even listening.

I didn't want to be here! I didn't want to dine with those mutts as if it was all good between us.

My heart beats increased as I kept thinking about what was happening.

"We're here!", Dolly whispered to me.

I doubt I even gave a response.

Somebody slammed his palm into my shoulder. I was ready to claw my way through his heart when I realised it was....Reign?

"Control yourself! Your eyes have fucking become bright purple!", he gritted out, blocking me from seeing further into whatever room we were in.

No! No! No! No!

Everyone stopped and focused on Reign and I.

"I'm good", I assured but everyone knew I wasn't. Continuing, one male tour guide opened the door and we piled into the room.

I almost gagged.

It's too much. The scent of wet dogs was overpowering the other scents.

I stuck behind Reign as some people I'd assumed were servants directed Reign, Jay and the rest of us away from our parents.

Apparently the dining area was divided into two, the area for the adults and the area for their offspring.

How convenient.

I locked eyes with my mother who gave me a gentle smile which I returned.

Various pairs of eyes settled briefly on us as we made our way to our assigned seats, tension thick in the air.

I sat down and realised two other empty seats, Reign was on my right but the seat on my left and the next three seats remained unoccupied.

The other Supernaturals in our area either subtly glared or glanced curiously in our direction.

As if on cue the doors facing our area opened and in walked three lycans.

One boy and two girls.

If anything their presence seemed to add fuel to fire as the room become so thick with tension everyone remained still, even the servants.

They were headed in my direction.

No! No! No!!

I squirmed in my seat. I could swear their seats were those unoccupied seats next to me.

Shit! Shit! Shit!!!!!!

They took their seats which were right by me!

I was losing my cool. I couldn't, my head was spinning. I grabbed the edge of the table hard, trying to control my breathing.

I felt my fangs push out of my gums against my will. It was so painful. My ears were ringing.

My friends and Reign sensed the change in the atmosphere, I felt their eyes on me.

"Get out!", Reign hissed in my ear and I nodded violently. The last thing I needed was losing my cool in the midst of everyone.

I pushed back out of my seat and stumbled.