Four

Cat was huddled in the back of the stands when Thai finally spotted him, sitting next to his ever present shadow and best friend, Ben. For a while after first noticing the young boy, Thai had felt unreasonably jealous over how close the two were. Then, as he observed them from afar, he realized they acted no different than Thai did with his own friends. That had helped the jealousy greatly diminish. It was still there, just not as big and burning.

Thai smirked at an oblivious Em. The other obviously hadn't seen the two, and wasn't all grumpy and glaring at innocent people like he was when he saw Ben and Cat. Thai had a sneaking suspicion... "Hey, Em. Your favorite Nong made it to your game."

"Fuck off," Em flipped him off, scowling blackly when he saw how close Ben and Cat's heads were together, whispering about something. Why should I care what he does with his friends? I don't know him. And I don't want to. "Let's get ready to play already, hm." He decided not to look their way even once during the game, since distracting himself would only ensure not playing his best.

Thai chuckled at Em's expense, and called the team in for a huddle. They were playing against the next high school over, the international school,and he was taking charge today since the actual captain wasn't able to come. "Alright, everybody! We ready to take down United International?"

His teammates cheered loud, fists in the air.

Thai assigned positions, and jogged to left forward where he always played. Rose was the opposite, always getting assigned right forward. And the game was on, the guest team kicking off first. Em and Roan, the defense team, were easily able to steal the ball away and send it flying down the field to the waiting forwards. The first goal went to All Saints Academy to United International's chagrin. The team had started out too cocky since the last couple games against public schools they'd won.

Like United International, All Saints Academy was in it to win it.

Em caught himself looking over at the stands - for the fifth time in ten minutes - and mentally scolded himself. He told himself he was just curious since Thai was so obsessed with the two first years. Feeling that was the reason why he kept looking their way, he was able to relax a little and focus more on the game. Until his gaze flicked their way yet again, irritating him.

Ben was looking back this time. Before Em could rip his gaze away, the junior gave him a double thumbs up and mouthed 'Good luck!' to him, then turned back to Cat, chattering away. Em rolled his eyes at himself and the junior. He didn't need luck! He just needed to concentrate.

"Em! On your left!"

Em snapped back into the game and growled internally at himself for letting the enemy the get so close. He sidestepped into their path, neatly snatching the ball away, and kicked it into the air before punting it down the field back to Thai and Rose. He jogged back to the defense box and studiously ignored Roan's grin.

"Got distracted, hm?"

"Shut the fuck up, Roan," Em snapped angrily. His face was hot not just from running around, but from the angry and embarrassed flush staining his skin.

Roan cackled, not taking him a bit serious.

The goalie, a third year they only knew by her nickname Eight, shook her head in amusement at the two. She was used to them being like that. "Eyes on the ball, fellas. Bicker after the game."

"Roger that, khun!" Roan saluted her and trotted back to the right side of the defense box.

Eight shot him an unimpressed stare.

"I guess not all the ladies are taken in by your boyish charms," Em muttered under his breath, smirking at Roan when the other cocked his head in confusion. He hadn't heard what Em had said.