Bruno Madrigal X Fem! Reader pt.1

Y/N p.o.v

You were walking through the town of Encanto with a sprained wrist headed to Julieta to get one of her healing meals. Even from the first day you were living in Encanto it wasn't hard to hear about the magical unique Madrigals. But lately, the talk was all about one of the family members you haven't heard of yet, Bruno.

"He told me my gold fish was going to die and i woke up today and what do I see? BEANS DEAD" some girl sobbed.

"He said I was going to poo-.."-

'And that's enough eavesdropping' I picked up my pace to avoid hearing more.

Even as I continued on I could still hear people mummer about their "bad" future and how cursed this fortune teller guy is.

'what's their deal? If he's just a seer he can't cause these bad things to happen and yet I hear so much...hatred? In their voice for this poor guy...maybe I can ask-'

"Y/N pleasure to see you!"

Speak of the devil, Julieta! Just the girl I was looking for.

"Sprained again? You have to be more careful!"

"Huh-" I was so focused with the Bruno talk I forgot the whole Bruno situation.

"Oh yeah" I chuckled " The ground just looked so pleasing today I just had to face plant off my bed onto my hand"

Julieta didn't appreciate my sarcasm as much as I did as she rolled her eyes at me.

"I'm sorry okay! I couldn't help myse-MPH" I was rudely cut off my Julieta shoving an arepa into my mouth.

"hehe I'm sorry I couldn't help myself" Julieta laughed she held her 1 month pregnant stomach.

I couldn't help but laugh with her, we've recently started to get closer since my clumsiness always left me at her stand. But yet out of all the times I've talked to her and heard her stories, she's never mentioned Bruno.

"OhweifJulieta! There'smgkbeen.. somethingmgm Imhwanted tomgask you" I said with my mouth full. Her foods too delicious to rush, what did you expect?

"Swallow first!"

"hehe"

"Don't think like that-" Julieta sighed

"I said i wanted to ask you about something more especially, a guy named Bruno. You know him?"

'...That was a dumb question- he's in her family of course she knows him'

"Bruno? He's my brother, I see you've heard of him in town but I promise he isn't like they say he is! You can go see for yourself" Julieta quickly states.

"Don't worry, I believe you!" 'wait I can go see for myself- That's genius'

" Thank you for doing so now shoo shoo, there's a line building behind you" Julieta scoots me away.

"Ah okay okay, I'm going- Thank you for your help Julieta!"

"No problem Y/N! Visit anytime!"

With my wrist back in check, I had no other plans for today.

'Maybe I should get my fortune told, it doesn't hurt to try even if bad what's the worse that can happen'

With that I went on my way to the Madrigal's home.

Mini Time Skip

As you saw the Madrigal house in felt yourself mess with the loose string of your skirt as butterflies increase in your stomach.

'Breathe in, breathe out you got this, just knock on the door and ask for Bruno...simple'

Reality yet again proved not to be simple as you stood there with a shaky hand for the past 10 minutes. As soon as you were about to finally place your hand onto the wooden door, Casita did you the favor and slammed the door open themselves.

You found yourself wide-eyed staring at the person nearest to the door who's expression mimicked yours. He had loose shaggy curled dark hair, scruffy facial hair, brown eyes with a rather large nose.

Your face flushed red for..more than one reason.

"uh..hi"

"..Hi"

"....."

"...."

Well. This is turning awkward.

'We have to say something, anything!'

After another minute of silence, the Madrigal decides to speak first.

"Um, was there something you needed?" He awkwardly stated.

I stood frozen staring into his eyes not expecting him to speak, much less ask a question.

I must've been staring for too long because he quickly looked down, face flushed.

'Now I'm making him uncomfortable great'

"....bye"

With that I ran.