1

The AI Says That My True Love. . .Is also a Girl?

Chapter 1: Pleasure to meet you, Person of my Destiny.

December 4, 2021

Author: 長月 Nagatsuki

TN:Mamuni

"My fated one is, a woman. . ?"

In a small conference room, while in the middle of a panic I asked. In response, the woman in front of me said with no hesitation "Yes."

No, no, no way. In my 25 years of living, I've only been dating men, and I've never even had a crush on a woman. What kind of joke is this? There has to be a mistake. But with such an earnest face, are you seriously leaving me with that bombshell?

"I understand your surprise, but we are sure this is the correct choice, and would love for the meeting to happen. Anyways-"

I zoned out. I can't be bothered, and my focus is messed up.

However, the highest compatibility in the history of AI recommended marriage. A partner with a compatibility value over 90. It's an urban legend. And if fate was real, this would be it.

I broke up with my boyfriend half a year ago, and ran to marriage because dating was becoming troublesome. I would have jumped straight to them with no hesitation.

- - If I didn't know she was also a girl.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Artificial Intelligence, The culmination of human intelligence - AI has continued to grow steadily since it was first created in the 20th century, but a breakthrough in the middle of the 21st century shook the world.

An AI specialized to be planted into the human body, made to collect all information that dwelled in the body. This tiny AI chip nicknamed "SMILE" stores all kinds of information on the individual it is embedded in. It records not only the health status of the person, but location history, personality, regonizes their sexual orientation, behavior paterns, what you like and dislike, all of them is processed.

Of course at first it was protested against due to the invasion of privacy and human rights, but progress can't be stopped, and certain countries obliged to embedding all of their people. Problems plaguing humanity were drastically reduced, to reduction of crime, massive health improvements, and a quality of life never before seen. All of it came soon after it's adoption.

In response to those few countries seeing so much success, other countries one by one began to introduce "SMILE". Japan had a deep-rooted opposition, and although it stayed behind the other developed nations, eventually they capitulated and embedded all of its people.

This all happened 5 years before I - Minato Aki( 水門有希) was born.

And as I celebrate my 25th birthday, I was able to apply for a certain special service using "SMILE"

"Hmm, 'Icon' what is this?"

I was scrolling down the screen of my tablet, looking through my recommendations picked out based on my data, and found an AI infused marriage service, known as "ICON".

There were only a few questions required for an application. The sex of the desired partner, the age range you are willing for, closeness of partner to your area, etc. This helps narrow it down in advance, but most of the work is done using your "SMILE" information. No matter how good the AI is, it will be difficult for a person from Hokkaido to meet recommended people in Okinawa, so it looks like you can choose how close or far the other person can be.