3

The AI Says That My True Love. . .Is also a Girl?

Chapter 3: What ifs.

December 6, 2021

Author: 長月 Nagatsuki

TN:Mamuni

Three months have passed since my marriage interview. So far I've had an excellent relationship with Mizuki, but in the midst of that, there was one problem that bothered me. It's not the eyes of the people around me, nor the anxieties of our future. It's the report that I've been submitting to Hazama-san.

Since the day of our meeting I have been writing a diary-like report. Everynight I have been working on it has been accompanied by agony and regret.

"When I accepted her proposal I thought I only had to do it for our first meeting. . .This is annoying."

I lamented while glaring at my typed report on my monitor. I'm still worried about how much to share. After all, it's putting my bliss romance life out in the public. I was thrilled with the partner I got. Our highly compatible kisses were the best! I really loved seeing her! It's torture to be desicrating our relationship every day.

Mizuki should also be writing the same report, but I've hadn't asked her about what she wrote. Is she writing more conservatively than I am? She is a shy girlfriend. . . I'm curious, I want to read it a little.

On the days we didn't meet I only wrote about the telephone conversations, so today's report was simple. I spoke fondly about my girlfriend to fill today's quota. As I got up from my chair to take a bath, I heard my phone ring from my bedside table.

I didn't recognize the number. After thinking for a moment I decided to answer it, when I pressed the answer button I immediately heard, "I'm sorry for the late night call. This is from the SMILE Information Management Department, the Marriage Activities Division, Digital Agency."

"Ahh, Hazama-san. It's been a while. I've just sent my report."

"Yes, I saw it. Thank you for your cooperation."

"No worries. Um, was there something wrong with the report?"

"No, there is no particular problem. I just wanted to hear from you directly."

Even so, isn't it a violation to just call suddenly? . . .I just finished my report and am now free, so it should be okay.

Hazama-san will be Hazama-san, so this is expected seeing how eccentric she is. If we just talk normally she'd seem like a decent person, but her eccentric personality oozes out from time to time.

"Even if I talk directly to you I don't have any more information than what was written in the report. . ."

"Is that so? From the recent report by Minato-san it has gotten me feeling a bit worried."

"Can you stop reading between the lines from the report? A little worry is common with romance."

How did she sniff it out? To feel that worry from my bland bulleted reports. Even if I look back on it I have no idea how. Does Hazama-san perhaps have a hidden ability to read between the lines? I don't think she can. Based on how weird she is, maybe she is just picking up radio waves.

Well, she isn't wrong about me being a little worried.

I didn't write about it because I don't want to share too much information. I hesitated for a while to write it or not.

"Well then. This is a great opportunity. May I ask you some questions?"

"That's fine, but is there a real problem?"