2

The AI Says That My True Love. . .Is also a Girl?

Chapter 2: Liking somebody is Scary, but I also like it.

December 5, 2021

Author: 長月 Nagatsuki

TN:Mamuni

The night after the matchmaking. I returned to my small 1LDK condominium (TN: It's a single room apartment.), I was reminiscing about last night while soaking my shoulders in the lukewarm water in my bath.

My first marriage interview, and my first confession from a girl. Both were exciting experiences, and it really took a lot out of me.

Although I had a lot in common with Kameoka-san, I don't feel like our personalities are very similar.

Unlike me, who is rather rough and energetic, she is a calm adult woman. Always having a soft smile, and a slightly low voice that is pleasant to the ears. She is calm but not quiet, and her gorgeous voice when talking about her favorite things is captivating. Always smiling with her relaxed eyes, and her round nails on her fingers are cute too.

The time I spent with her was fun, pleasant, and I wanted more no matter what. Actually we decided to meet the next day. - - - And I promised the next time we meet I would have an answer to her confession.

"I mean, I already like them. . ."

If I don't deny my feelings I can just admit it. If I abandon the idea that same sex = friend, logically my feelings for Kameoka-san are love no matter how I slice it.

The A.I's judgment is correct. There was a possibility she just spoke recklessly based on the scenario, but I have to admit she is speaking from the heart because I was also aware of my fluttering heart. I'm definitely attracted to her.

However, romance and marriage is a different story.

When my grandma was a child, same-sex marriage was legally permitted in Japan, and advancements in reproductive technology have made it possible for same-sex couples to have children. Thanks to that, there is no real difference between straight and gay marriage.

Unfortunately, human prejudice is another issue. In general same-sex marriage is more likely to be seen one step lower than heterosexual marriage. It also spills over to children conceived in those marriages. This prejudice is particularly prominent for people over the age of 60. I've never actively scorn or show disdain for people living that lifestyle, but I myself am not a saint, I can't say I've never had any prejudice. And with me being the person in question doesn't mean that all my discomfort is gone.

That's why I'm unsettled about this.

"Marriage is also not a one man thing."

If I believe in the value of compatibility, Kameoka-san and I will have a happy marriage. We'd enjoy our time laying on the sofa together watching videos, enjoying sake together. Our body shapes aren't too different so we could lend each other our clothes. We only spent a few hours together, but I could easily imagine living with her.

However, that is regarding the compatibility between each other. That value does not include compatibility with those around you.

You could be a great match, but I often hear the family could be a make or break factor. A little while ago, a popular actress came out saying in the entertainment news that her relationship ended for that reason.

"What about our families? I hope they approve. . ."

Huh? The more I think about it, I really want to marry her. It's so amazing. Until yesterday morning, I never would have even thought about marrying another girl.