🌼 10. The Snow Globe

Chapter Song

Chapter Song

Chapter DedicationDreamFactory05

Chapter Dedication
DreamFactory05

••°°••《10》••°°••

Fixing things up with TaoTao and finally resolving our issues brought some relief. I took a refreshing shower and put on my favourite hoodie, a combination of white and black, along with my knee-length black camouflage shorts. I completed the look with my black high-tops. Mingtao didn't want me to be alone at home, and I also felt it was only fair to help our newly moved neighbours. I purposely left my phone behind to avoid any depressing or emotional messages from my dad. I had already had enough of that for the day. However, I knew my brothers would sit me down for a long chat later on.

As I stepped into the Feng family's house, I froze in the entrance, awestruck by the beautifully repainted walls in white adorned with intricate yellow and golden designs. Every wall showcased carefully arranged paintings, resembling an art gallery. While Mingtao introduced himself, my attention was drawn to the art paintings. One particular painting caught my eye—a depiction of a cat gazing into a stunning Chinese ancient pond. It looked so realistic that I hesitated to touch it. An overwhelming sense of happiness and excitement welled up inside me, threatening to burst out as tears of joy. I searched the painting, hoping to find the artist's name or signature, but to my disappointment, there was none to be found.

"Kei! What are you doing? It's not polite to enter like that!" Mingtao suddenly scolded me in his elder brother's tone.

"Just look at this! It's... It's like a gigantic art gallery!" I exclaimed, stretching my arms out to the sides with pure excitement.

The woman, who had been watching me with gleaming eyes, quickly approached and gently held my shoulders, as if I were a famous art masterpiece. Her radiant smile and golden blonde hair reminded me of Cian. Now I understood where he inherited those features from.

"So, you're Kei, the one Lily keeps talking about! Do you like this arrangement? And all of these paintings are my creations," she said, wrapping her arm around my shoulder as if we were best friends, and pointing towards the artworks.