Chapter 5

After Nat snuck into my jazz piano lesson, I went back to my dorm to go practice. I had brought my old, tattered keyboard from home so I could use it at night, after all of the practice rooms closed up. I played for a while, but then got tired. Although it was only 9:15--and the next day was Saturday--I decided to go to bed early. I put my earphones in and dozed off for a while.

I awoke to the sound of knocking on my door. Clair De Lune was still playing on my phone. I jolted up from my bed and checked the time--12:47am

"What the hell?" I mumbled, stumbling out of bed.

I opened up the door to find Nat Wolff standing there, wide awake. He was pouncing on the balls of his feet, his eyes darting around.

I rubbed my eyes in disbelief. "Nat?" I asked, groggily, scratching my head.

"C'mon!" He yelled. He took me by the arm and started pulling me down the hallway.

"Nat where are we going?!" I whispered, trying not to wake anyone up. If anyone found out I was awake, roaming the school, I would be expelled.

"Shh!" He said, still dragging me along through the dark hallways.

We finally arrived at the band room, where the symphonic band and orchestra practiced every afternoon. Nat picked the lock within seconds, and led me inside. He switched on the bright overhead lights.

"Nat why did you bring me here?" I asked, squinting.

"I wanted to show you something," he said, making his way over to the grand piano in the back of the room.

He sat down on the bench and started playing Autumn Leaves, the Jazz piano piece I was working on earlier that day.

"Come, play with me!" He said.

Hesitantly, I walked over to the piano and started playing the piece with him. We made it through the whole piece, and we sounded damn good.

When we were finished, he looked up at me and our eyes met. This time I didn't look away.

"You're really beautiful," he whispered in my ear.

I blushed. I'm sure he does this with every fifteen-year-old girl at this school, I kept thinking. He seduces them and then takes advantage of them.

He then touched my cheek with one hand, and caressed my hair with the other.

"April...what a beautiful name."

Before I could even think, he leaned in to kiss me. And I kissed him back. At the time, I knew it was wrong--he was nineteen--but his warm lips felt so good against mine.

After that, nothing happened. We just talked for a bit and then he walked me back to my room. He didn't try to do anything.
********
All I know is that I was wide awake the rest of the night, unable to think of anything but Nat.

{Hey guys! Thanks for reading! Comment below if you dig!}