01 - From the Beginning

"It is precious to me" - Pran

PRAN's POV

As always, I woke up drenched in sweat and my cheeks damped with tears.

It was the same damn dream again.

I'm a 20-year-old so-called adult who is trying my best to live my life like an adult does. A single child of a single mom who brought me up all alone. My dad died many years ago when I was young, and I don't really have many memories of him.

This is my little world with mom, my best friend Ink, and college. Now that I think about everything that's happening with me, will it be the same ever again like it used to be?

As soon as I opened my eyes, I had closed them again as the sunlight hit me which burnt my eyes reminding me, I had shed a load of tears.

The intensity of sunlight on my eye clearly stated that I got up late and I may miss my first class again. When my eyesight adjusted to the light, I looked at my phone which showed I have snoozed the alarm multiple times like always and now I'm late.

I quickly got out of the bed, but something was missing.

My Blanket!

Well, you may think I'm weird, but that blanket is precious to me. I always hug it whenever I go to sleep.

"Mumma, did you see my blanket? Don't tell me it's in the laundry?" I rushed out of the room and started removing all the dirty clothes that were in the basket as I screamed at my mom.

(MOOK, PRAN's Mom)

"Pran, you are getting late for the class. It won't disappear anywhere" my mom shouted back.

I know she hates my obsession with my things! Especially my blanket as I have been not letting anyone touch it.

My eyes started filling up when I couldn't find it anywhere. I decided to check once again in my room but halted my steps as I heard Ink giggling with my blanket in her hands at the corner.

My patience was at my limit, I took big steps towards her and snatched my blanket and closed the door on her face as she stood there shocked with her mouth wide open.

I know she never saw this side of me. According to everyone. I'm a mature guy and never lose my cool. I can't deny that it's partially true.

"What was that mom?" I heard Ink asking my mom as she realised I was acting like a child just because a blanket went missing.

"I told you to not touch his things. Especially that blanket! He has been attached to it for a long time now, maybe from the day his hands got on to that and he goes all wild when he can't find his things"

"Well, that was intense and where did he even find it?" Ink asked again as her curiosity kicked in.

"I think it was when we went to our farmhouse a few years back for vacation. I'm not sure how he found it but from then on he got obsessed with that"

"It looks expensive though, and I see lots of intricate design"

Ink continues with her newfound information as my mind goes back to that time when my mom took me to our farmhouse which I never knew existed for a vacation.

______________________________________

Hello Everyone!

I know it's short but I promise that longer chapters are on the way!!

Patricia_BL907 we are writing longer chapters right?

Love,
Cia & Lucy